Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Antonio Caciolli
Italy
Padua
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi,

I have this personal quest with requires to do 5 scenario in town and then do the investigation scenario

but looking into the new scenario book pdf I found:
Spoiler (click to reveal)

that there is another scenario after that one which require this quest, but how I can do that if I already retired the character since it finished the investigation scenario? I am a bit confused

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug D
United States
El Paso
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Antonio8080 wrote:
hi,

I have this personal quest with requires to do 5 scenario in town and then do the investigation scenario

but looking into the new scenario book pdf I found:

that there is another scenario after that one which require this quest, but how I can do that if I already retired the character since it finished the investigation scenario? I am a bit confused

I am wondering if you retired too early? Does the personal quest card say to follow the quest line out to its completion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Gloomhaven: Forgotten Circles!
mbmbmbmbmb
you have to follow your quest to a conclusion, the first scenario is not the conclusion. The second scenario instructs you to retire in its rewards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dano Fish
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It says to follow to conclusion.
You haven't concluded it until you encounter the guard and kill him

Even at 8 AM I've been (ninja'ed) x 2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Holland

North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
57 does not list Retirement or Conclusion of Vengeance in its rewards. Do not retire after 57.

We just did this.

Retirement happens when you get back to Gloomhaven after 58. It says specifically in the quest rewards there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is confusing me as well. I just followed it to its conclusion and it is not quite clear what the heck you do.

Do I unlock a new character? Or do I just grab a different character from the existing pool?

I'll avoid mentioning the contents of envelope x itself beyond saying I have absolutely no clue how to proceed down that road...if there is actually a road.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trang VP
Australia
flag msg tools
My memory is fuzzy as it was a long time ago I did this quest:
Is this the one where you open Envelope X? If so, that's all you get for retiring.

This is unless you have already opened the Envelope before for any other reason, in which case you get a new random item design and random side scenario (which you always get if instructed to open an already opened envelope when retiring).

Also don't forget to do the usual 1 prosperity level upon retiring, and adding city/road events if it was the first time that class retired.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Holland

North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hepcat1 wrote:
This is confusing me as well. I just followed it to its conclusion and it is not quite clear what the heck you do.

Do I unlock a new character? Or do I just grab a different character from the existing pool?

I'll avoid mentioning the contents of envelope x itself beyond saying I have absolutely no clue how to proceed down that road...if there is actually a road.

If it helps...
This retirement felt very lackluster, especially for how hard it is to complete. There's two PQs that lead to this unlock, and both are difficult, and the unlock is... not worth it?

Maybe once we manage to solve the riddle, but I have a hard time believing that... Especially given as the riddle has apparently stumped the entire content of these forums since the game has come out... (There was even a typo!)

It's like I just found a hair in my Chicken Carbonara... The plate's delicious, it's still good, but I got this odd bit that is awkward and I have to avoid thinking about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.