Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Amey
United States
Eastern Shore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I buy resources at the end of the game to fulfill scoring conditions for the Sufficiency tile?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luiz Mendes
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
crysknife wrote:
Can I buy resources at the end of the game to fulfill scoring conditions for the Sufficiency tile?

No, you can only buy resources to build tiles. You can't buy them to fulfill scoring conditions or to activate cards such as launchers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cunningham
United States
Edgerton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LGMHorus wrote:
crysknife wrote:

No, you can only buy resources to build tiles. You can't buy them to fulfill scoring conditions or to activate cards such as launchers.

PARTLY right. You can only buy resources to pay costs, BUT it can be any cost (tile purchase or activation). Two excerpts from the rules, emphasis added:

Quote:
The Exchange
The Exchange is a “market” that helps players pay building or action costs when they don’t have or don’t want to spend the needed resources. It also allows players to sell excess resources for points.
Buy from the Exchange:
To gain a resource “credit” to pay an immediate cost, stack the indicated number of your point tokens (1, 2, or 3, making change with the supply as necessary) onto the next open spot aligned with the resource you want. This can be done multiple times as long as there are open slots, but ONLY to pay costs of blueprint tiles or actions—you may NOT buy resources you do not immediately need.

So while you CAN buy resources to pay for actions (which makes Launchers that much better, and will often enable money arbitrage), you CANNOT buy resources to fulfill scoring goals (that's not a cost).

Good question though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Amey
United States
Eastern Shore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I was afraid of. I played a solo game against Sputnik with Competition lap scoring and Sufficiency end game scoring and was completely destroyed. Was hoping to gain an extra 7 points (which didn't help, but still). In the end, I lost 29-105.

I did forget to sell the resources I had to buy the resources I needed. That may have minimized the huge gap, but in the end, I just couldn't succeed against the dice.

Thanks for the quick answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.