9 Posts

Above and Below» Forums » Rules

Subject: Harvesting Clarifications rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Lamp

Pennsylvania
msg tools
When harvesting on your turn can you harvest from multiple buildings or can you just harvest from one building at a time? Assuming you have enough villagers to harvest multiple things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Keane
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
You can harvest from multiple buildings (or even the same building with 2 tokens) for a single action, but must exhaust 1 worker per token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Reitz
Germany
Mayen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryan Keane wrote:
You can harvest from multiple buildings (or even the same building with 2 tokens) for a single action, but must exhaust 1 worker per token.

Are you sure?
I understood the rules that you can only use one worker to harvest one token per action.
I think it doesn't make a difference, though.

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
KivasFajo wrote:
Ryan Keane wrote:

Are you sure?
I understood the rules that you can only use one worker to harvest one token per action.
I think it doesn't make a difference, though.

Michael

And I thought you could use more than one worker per action, but only to harvest from a single location!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
With a single harvest action, you can exhaust more than 1 worker. With each worker to harvest 1 resource token.

Small edit, since reading the comment below makes a sense to add "token".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SHAWN WHITE
United States
JANESVILLE
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Shut the fuck up
badge
Whatever
mbmbmbmbmb
vardamir wrote:
With a single harvest action, you can exhaust more than 1 worker. With each worker to harvest 1 resource.

I'm with this guy. As an action, you may exhaust any number of workers, each harvesting one available resource from one of your locations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Buchanan
United States
Denton
TX
flag msg tools
badge
I can die fighting. I imagine it's easier the second time around.
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say:
Quote:
Villagers harvest goods from houses or outposts.

First, the player slides one or more [emphasis mine] of his villagers from the ready area of his player board to the exhausted area of his player board.

For each villager the player exhausts, he may take one goods token from one of his houses or outposts. He places that good next to his coins and may either keep it there for later, place it for sale in the top left corner
of his player board, or place it in his advancement track.

I read that to mean that you can use any number of workers to get one token each from any building you own. So, one token per worker, but you can send multiple workers out to harvest from multiple outposts or housings (1 worker/house or outpost)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C&H Schmidt
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The thing is: It doesn't matter, because other players can't interfere with your harvesting.
I usually do it last in a round anyway.

The only reason to harvest multiple items at once that I can think of is if one really wants to sell a certain item to another player quickly, and it needs to be harvested first.
Has never happened to us.

Otherwise, I agree with BlackJackGeary, it should be possible to do from the rule text.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilias Sellountos
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My interpretation of the rules as written is also that as long as the number of collected goods matches the number of workers used, there is no limitation on how many and from where you can harvest as a single action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.