2 Posts

Pandemic Legacy: Season 1» Forums » Rules

Subject: *Mid-April Spoiler* Question about Outbreaks... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sheri Hiebert
Canada
flag msg tools
Played April last night, and I want to make sure we did something correctly...

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Our CODa is blue. When we found out about the Faded, we only had 2 cities with CODa cubes - San Fransisco had 3 blue cubes and a quarantine marker and Washington also had 3 blue cubes, but no quarantine.

Washington was immediately drawn from the infection deck (or course!) causing a CODa outbreak. We immediately replaced the 3 blue cubes on Washington with Faded figures, made Washington ground zero, and then marked all connected cities (New York, Miami, Atlanta, etc.) as Faded and gave them each a faded figure. Miami already contained a yellow cube, which we kept there unaffected.

Was this correct? The only part that has me double guessing myself is that when Washington outbreaked in the first place, we don't actually place the fourth cube (now a Faded figure) in that city. So technically Washington never gained a Faded figure, and therefore maybe it doesn't actually become faded? It would still make the connected cities become Faded because they are acquiring CODa from the outbreak, and therefore gaining a Faded Figure (and therefore becoming Faded). But Washington doesn't actually acquire a Faded figure, so maybe it doesn't become faded at all....? Hope that makes sense....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
sherihiebert wrote:
Played April last night, and I want to make sure we did something correctly...

Our CODa is blue. When we found out about the Faded, we only had 2 cities with CODa cubes - San Fransisco had 3 blue cubes and a quarantine marker and Washington also had 3 blue cubes, but no quarantine.

Washington was immediately drawn from the infection deck (or course!) causing a CODa outbreak. We immediately replaced the 3 blue cubes on Washington with Faded figures, made Washington ground zero, and then marked all connected cities (New York, Miami, Atlanta, etc.) as Faded and gave them each a faded figure. Miami already contained a yellow cube, which we kept there unaffected.

Was this correct? The only part that has me double guessing myself is that when Washington outbreaked in the first place, we don't actually place the fourth cube (now a Faded figure) in that city. So technically Washington never gained a Faded figure, and therefore maybe it doesn't actually become faded? It would still make the connected cities become Faded because they are acquiring CODa from the outbreak, and therefore gaining a Faded Figure (and therefore becoming Faded). But Washington doesn't actually acquire a Faded figure, so maybe it doesn't become faded at all....? Hope that makes sense....

Yes, you did it correctly.
One of the rules stickers covers converting cities to Faded, and includes converting the city even if it's already full of cubes and outbreaks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.