Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
42 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: Interactive scenario PDFs with hidden sections - PC/Mac/IOS - All 122 scenarios rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Scenario [+] Gloomhaven [+] [View All]
Tim
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
Note: These PDF files have pretty much been replaced by an excellent cross platform (PC/Mac/IOS/Android) app developed by:
Roy Goncalves
msg tools

See here for more info: Gloomhaven Scenario Viewer app

Hi All,
I have created some interactive scenario PDF files that have hidden sections. This enables you to play through the scenarios without being able to see ahead into other rooms, or read other sections or the conclusion. Just click on the blocked out sections to reveal them (you can also click again to re-hide them).

NOTE: This will probably only work on PC/Mac/IOS and not on browsers or other mobile devices. Third party PDF readers may have issues as well.

PC/Mac: Confirmed to work with Adobe Reader.

IOS: Confirmed to work with PDF Expert (paid app) and Foxit PDF (free app - you should disable "Highlight Form Fields" in settings). Thanks to Bernd Weber (Aubigny) for the info.

Isaac has graciously given his permission to distribute these files - thanks Isaac!

Here are the 95 original Gloomhaven scenarios:
Second Printing V4 Updated 08/10/2017
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwk7899wwgIIV211RS1kQ21YOU...

Here are the 17 solo scenarios:
Second Printing V2 Updated 08/10/2017
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwk7899wwgIIS2JVTGlsbDNKaU...

Here are the 10 scenarios from the Kickstarter Campaign - Into the Unknown:
V2 Updated 18/05/2017 - Highlighted which choices in the conclusion were made from voting and included the road cards - thanks to Krzysztof RabidBlackDog (ksiazekrzysztof) for his work making those
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwk7899wwgIIbF9remh2UGlwNG...

All files are now also in the Gloomhaven files section:Files

Any issues, please let me know.
Thanks!
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias
Germany
flag msg tools
Re: Interactive scenario PDFs with hidden sections
tds_gaming wrote:
Hi All,
I have created some interactive scenario PDF files that have hidden sections. This enables you to play through the scenarios without being able to see ahead into other rooms, or read other sections or the conclusion. As per the PDF interactive map that somebody else created, this will probably only work on PC/Mac and not through the browser or on mobile devices. Third party PDF readers may have issues as well.

Here is an example for scenarios 1 and 2 from the kickstarter campaign so you can see how they work. Just click on the blocked out sections in the scenarios to reveal them (you can also click again to re-hide them).
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwk7899wwgIIeGtUVUliazFyeW...

I have messaged Isaac to request permission to distribute the completed files.

Any issues with the files, please let me know.
Thanks!

This is awesome! Great work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool! Also very cool if this would be done with the official campaign book!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Karlsson
Sweden
Eskilstuna
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks like the most actually realistic way to get what many people want. The bells and whistles guys are reaching for the moon. I like this a lot, good thinking!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave S
United States
Pleasant Grove
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea! Thanks for working on this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lap Ho Cheung
United States
Aiea
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!! It is one thing a lot of people asking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Florin
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Interactive scenario PDFs with hidden sections - Solo Scenarios and Into the Unknown
This is great. Note that there was a new version of the main game's scenario book posted about a week ago.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8ppELln5Z0rdEFIWl9a...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Interactive scenario PDFs with hidden sections - Solo Scenarios and Into the Unknown
A question about these - I'm looking at the Into the Unknown booklet, and there are rules sections blocked out. How do I know when I can reveal these? The ones in question are in the second scenario, and have a --1-- above them, does that mean when I open the first door or something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
aflorin wrote:
Note that there was a new version of the main game's scenario book posted about a week ago.

Hey, thanks for this! I had outdated versions of both the rules and the scenario book. Are these announced somewhere when they're updated so I won't miss future revisions?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
Jjdelanoche wrote:
A question about these - I'm looking at the Into the Unknown booklet, and there are rules sections blocked out. How do I know when I can reveal these? The ones in question are in the second scenario, and have a --1-- above them, does that mean when I open the first door or something?

See page 12 in the rulebook - "additional story points that are read when entering the corresponding hex on the board". For each story section there is usually a corresponding red numbered hex on the board layout.

Sometimes the scenario text may also tell you when to read the appropriate section - for example, "When you kill monster x read section 1".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Hortness
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great work!

If I can make a suggestion though, it might be nice if the monsters found in the mission are also hidden until their particular room is revealed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ND3G wrote:
Great work!

If I can make a suggestion though, it might be nice if the monsters found in the mission are also hidden until their particular room is revealed.

Personally for setting the game up ahead of time, I'd prefer to have the monsters easily visible. Although I'm guessing a compromise could be made where you could reveal the monsters without revealing the related rooms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
aflorin wrote:
This is great. Note that there was a new version of the main game's scenario book posted about a week ago.

Thanks Alex, I was unaware the document was updated. I did find some changes from the one I was using, so I will have to swap over to using the new one. Will take just a little bit of extra time to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Hortness
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Felkor wrote:
ND3G wrote:
Great work!

Personally for setting the game up ahead of time, I'd prefer to have the monsters easily visible. Although I'm guessing a compromise could be made where you could reveal the monsters without revealing the related rooms.

That makes sense. I am just thinking that it adds more to the suspence if you don't know right from the get go that you are going to meet an Ice Golem in the final room, for example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
Re: Interactive scenario PDFs with hidden sections - 95 Original, 17 Solo & 10 Kickstarter
ND3G wrote:

Hi Nathan,
I had a look at hiding the monster icons and names, but it turned out to be a bit complicated. In some scenarios there are multiple paths, so a monster could first appear in either Room 2 or 3. I think there are also monsters that summon other monsters, so the potentially summoned monsters are shown on the setup page, even though they may not actually be shown anywhere on the map.

To go through and try and work through those issues, and place the hidden sections for all 122 scenarios would simply have taken too long to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Latimore
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
Re: Interactive scenario PDFs with hidden sections - 95 Original, 17 Solo & 10 Kickstarter
This isn't a request, I'm just curious, is the intent to update any of these if updated versions of the scenarios come out in the future?

If so, for the main scenario book especially, it might be best to break it up into smaller files to save on work later, in case only a small portion gets updated at a time.

The work you've done here is fantastic, so if you do not plan to update them in the future, that is absolutely ok.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
alphasquid wrote:
This isn't a request, I'm just curious, is the intent to update any of these if updated versions of the scenarios come out in the future?

If so, for the main scenario book especially, it might be best to break it up into smaller files to save on work later, in case only a small portion gets updated at a time.

The work you've done here is fantastic, so if you do not plan to update them in the future, that is absolutely ok.

Josh released an updated version of the main scenario file halfway through creating the hidden sections, but I managed to find a way to transfer my work across to the new file. At this stage I do intend to update these files when new versions of existing scenarios are released.

The main scenario book has already been split up into parts with about 10 scenarios each for upload to the files section on BGG (due to the 20Mb file limit).

Also happy to do the hidden section work on the 20 stretch goal scenarios (or any future expansion scenarios) prior to their public release

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias
Germany
flag msg tools
Awesome work! Thanks a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. These are absolutely fantastic!

Shame about the compatibility limitations - not being able to open 'em on my android tablet during the game makes these useless for me. Tried Acrobat Reader for android and some other apps, no luck there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Weber
Germany
Augsburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Works great on iOS with PDF Expert (or Documents, but probably only if PDF Expert is also installed). Foxit PDF also works, but you should disable "Hightlight Form Fields" in settings.

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias
Germany
flag msg tools
Sadly in Android Foxit PDF doesn't seem to work

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Latimore
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
therobbot wrote:

From the OP:

Quote:
NOTE: This will probably only work on PC/Mac and not on browsers or mobile devices. Third party PDF readers may have issues as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias
Germany
flag msg tools
alphasquid wrote:
therobbot wrote:

From the OP:

Quote:
NOTE: This will probably only work on PC/Mac and not on browsers or mobile devices. Third party PDF readers may have issues as well.

I know. But if you read the post before mine, somebody posted that Foxit works on iOS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
Re: Interactive scenario PDFs with hidden sections - 95 Original, 17 Solo & 10 KS Scenarios
All files are now in the Gloomhaven files section: Interactive scenario PDFs with hidden sections - all 122 scenarios
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
al cann
United States
warwick
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic stuff! My only complaint is that you should have done this earlier so I could have used it for the first 3rd of the game! whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.