Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: Anyone know anything about these removable stickers? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew I
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Anyone use them for the 1st edition? Any thoughts? I haven't played the game at all but just backed the 2e. I can see myself replaying this when it's all said and done with a different group, so reusable stickers sound promising.

store link:
http://www.sinisterfish.com/product/gloomhaven-removable-sti...

and video of them in use:
https://youtu.be/4QIIVtgccAw
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've pre-ordered some for second edition. Less for replay-ability for us, more that if we tire of the game and want to move it on we can reset it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew I
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
From this company? I'm fairly sure they're the only ones out there but just wanting to check
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. They posted prototypes early on a UK Facebook group, I was quite pleased when they were subsequently appointed as official suppliers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Doyle
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mb
I recently got mine for my first edition. We'd already started playing and have unlocked a few locations (with the included permanent stickers) and no one has any card upgrades yet. They seem nice but I haven't played since my order came in. If you want to be able to reset (either to sell or play again, they should do the trick).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
badge
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
mbmbmbmbmb
The stickers are quite good actually. I use them with the game, while using the original stickers for a second map which I printed from the online file found here on BGG. For this reason alone I appreciate them.

Having said that you need to know that the extra stickers do NOT include any stickers that may or may not turn up in the sealed envelopes included in the game. Also, I can not judge how good they can be reapplied after initial usage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristabelle Du Bast
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am using them and they seem great. Come off and restick no problem, at least a few times as I've done it just as a test.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hébert
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They look like a low-tack vinyl, the kind that sign shops would feed into a printer/plotter. As such, it's reusable some number of times, but I really don't know how many.

If you're concerned, just peel half of the backing off when you stick them. That way the other half can remain "fresh" and usable for the foreseeable future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Szwarc
Norway
Lillestrøm
flag msg tools
Has anyone tried using them on sleeves? If yes, what are your experiences? Can they still be removed from the sleeves?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Abaddon1991 wrote:
Has anyone tried using them on sleeves? If yes, what are your experiences? Can they still be removed from the sleeves?

I am also curious about this. I was thinking of sleeving the cards and then applying stickers to the sleeves instead of the cards. Same could be done for the map I am sure. Get a plastic overlay sheet and then just apply the stickers to the plastic. When you want to reset, you just need new sleeves and a new map overlay... thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Boehm
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I made my own with Avery removable labels and the files in the files section here on BGG, the used my Silhouette Cameo machine to cut them for me. Working great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
badge
You spin me right round, baby - Right round like a record, baby - Right round round round - You spin me right round, baby…
mbmbmbmbmb
A good idea, but unfortunately they were of lower quality than I expected. Quite hard to remove without damaging them if you ask me.

Also, I thought the set would include stickers for the prosperity track somehow which it didn't. So if you still have to mark the prosperity track on the map you can't fully reset the game after all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
toeknee n
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doomfarer wrote:
Also, I thought the set would include stickers for the prosperity track somehow which it didn't. So if you still have to mark the prosperity track on the map you can't fully reset the game after all.

Just mark prosperity on a piece of paper, on the party sheet, or on one of the campaign tracker files in the Files section of this site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
julian branford
msg tools
Doomfarer wrote:
A good idea, but unfortunately they were of lower quality than I expected. Quite hard to remove without damaging them if you ask me.

I'm having the same issue. Quite disappointing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Martell
New Zealand
Lower Hutt
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Doomfarer wrote:

It includes tracks for marking things that you'd otherwise mark on the game board on the inside cover of the booklet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hobbs
United States
Wylie
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
benmartell wrote:
Doomfarer wrote:

It includes tracks for marking things that you'd otherwise mark on the game board on the inside cover of the booklet.

For a product that is supposed to help make the game replayable, I would have expected these tracks to be on sheets of paper or at least of a size that they can be copied on standard 8.5x11 paper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
jchobbs wrote:
benmartell wrote:
Doomfarer wrote:

For a product that is supposed to help make the game replayable, I would have expected these tracks to be on sheets of paper or at least of a size that they can be copied on standard 8.5x11 paper.

You can download and print it out from the Sinister Fish website as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo R
Germany
flag msg tools
Doomfarer wrote:

Another issue: There is a large unlockable sticker in the game, which is not included with the removable sticker set. Not a big deal, but we felt a little annoyed about it shake.

The more we are into the game, the less we feel that we really would have needed to invest in the removable set at all. It only makes sense, if you intend to reset the game for sale after you are done - and even then: The game materials are not of a very durable quality and very susceptible to wear. We protect cards and character mats with sleeves, but there is not much you can do about the tiles and standees, which quickly get a used look even when handled with care.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.