Brendan Martin
United Kingdom
Shipley
W. Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi and thanks for reading!

I'm from the UK looking for a podcast or podcasts that would give me either/or:

1. News about new releases expansion releases of interesting games. Im from the UK so maybe a podcast that is more euro based. My gaming preferences lean towards medium/ medium-heavy euro style games.

2. General informative commentry about the hobby itself, maybe a chat with designers, discussing interesting game mechanics, hopes for future games, that sort of thing.

I am not intersted in a podcast that just reviews games or spends all its time talking about US based conventions for example.

Do you have any ideas? for example I enjoy the rahdo talks through podcast which starts with games of note then does Q & A style information.

Thanks a lot!

Brendan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Kneeland
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Dice Tower.

If you google Dice Tower Network, they have several podcasts under their umbrella. I myself subscribe to several of them.

They also have a YouTube Channel, a gaming convention, etc. Tom Vassel, Sam Healy, and Zee Garcia, along with Jason Levine and Eric Summerer. They are hilarious, very knowledgeable in their field. I can't recommend them enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flatout Games
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Hi Brendan,

If you are into game design, mechanics, etc. you can't do much better than the Ludology podcast. It is hosted by Geoff Englestein and covers many interesting design topics. One of the best aspects is the great interviews with publishers and designers. It's a great all-around podcast.
http://www.ludology.libsyn.com/

A recent one that I think is part of the Dice Tower Network is Board Game Design Lab. It also has some pretty great interviews.

Hope these are up your alley!

Cheers and see you around.

Shawn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Posthumous Jones
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Perfect Information podcast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Shalev
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I co-host On Board Games, one of the longest-running boardgame podcasts, and a member of the Dice Tower. We are a weekly show, and we regularly talk about new games we're playing, have roundtable discussions with designers, publishers, and other notables, and a rapid review segment. Though we are US-based, we strive to maintain a broader perspective, and we routinely have non-US guests. We also have regular coverage of the business side of board games, including interviews of CEOs of companies like CMON, Tasty Minstrel and Gamelyn Games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Martin
United Kingdom
Shipley
W. Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks everyone for your help, podcasts have been downloaded and queued on my phone for listening!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Web
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd actually love a podcast that focusses on the first of your points Brendan as I don't believe any of those suggested thus far fulfil that criterion, although they are all excellent podcasts, many of which I still listen to regularly. Anyone know of any that fulfil that first point?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Shalev
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dan, a podcast that just focuses on new releases? I feel like nearly every show I listen to talks about new releases! The Dice Tower is a really good option for this, or watching all the BGGNews live streams from Origins, GenCon, Essen, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Uhler
United States
Commerce City
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You pretty much hit on much of what we do at Heavy Cardboard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.