Subject: Matrix to show shortest distance between cities? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zeek LTK
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm wondering if there is a spreadsheet/matrix out there that shows the shortest distance between each city on the map. For example (although it's hard to format on here):

City | Montreal | Boston | New York | Toronto
Montreal | X   |     2     |     3     |     3
Boston    | 2   |     X     |     2     |     5
New York | 3   |     2     |     X     |     4
Toronto   | 3   |     5     |     4     |     X

I looked through the files section, but didn't see anything like this. Did I overlook it, or does it not exist on this site? If it doesn't exist, does anyone know somewhere to find this info?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
ZeekLTK wrote:
I'm wondering if there is a spreadsheet/matrix out there that shows the shortest distance between each city on the map. For example (although it's hard to format on here):

Use the code tag:

Quote:
Montreal | X   |    2    |     3    |     3
Boston    | 2   |    X    |     2    |     5
New York | 3   |    2    |     X    |     4
Toronto  | 3   |    5    |     4    |     X

Quote:
I looked through the files section, but didn't see anything like this. Did I overlook it, or does it not exist on this site? If it doesn't exist, does anyone know somewhere to find this info?

It's almost always the point value of the relevant ticket (I think there's like one ticket in 1910 that doesn't work that way). And is trivial to do for the rest. Why are you seeking the information?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fnord23 wrote:
ZeekLTK wrote:

Use the code tag:

Quote:

Quote:

It's almost always the point value of the relevant ticket (I think there's like one ticket in 1910 that doesn't work that way). And is trivial to do for the rest. Why are you seeking the information?
If I were to surmise, it's b/c "cheat sheets" are handy/fun to have around

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeek LTK
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
fnord23 wrote:
ZeekLTK wrote:

Use the code tag:

Quote:

Quote:

To create new tickets - I think it would be easier to see what the values would be before deciding the routes, rather than trying to pick random routes and then calculate what their ticket value would be.

Like maybe we want to add 2 more that are ~15 points, would be nice to have a spreadsheet to look at to see where all the "15" values are and then just pick 2 of those, rather than try to guess what might be 15 from looking at the map, and then have to calculate it out manually to see if it's what we were looking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tilou
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just buy the 1910 expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven F.
Sweden
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ZeekLTK wrote:
fnord23 wrote:
ZeekLTK wrote:

Use the code tag:

Quote:

Quote:

To create new tickets - I think it would be easier to see what the values would be before deciding the routes, rather than trying to pick random routes and then calculate what their ticket value would be.

Like maybe we want to add 2 more that are ~15 points, would be nice to have a spreadsheet to look at to see where all the "15" values are and then just pick 2 of those, rather than try to guess what might be 15 from looking at the map, and then have to calculate it out manually to see if it's what we were looking for.

Exactly that exists. I used such a webpage in 2012, so probably it is presented in a thread many years ago.

Edit: Here it is!

It wasn't a website, but rather a file. I used it for creating tickets for a custom board. Then I had to make changes within the code, but if you use it for existing boards, it will be much easier I presume. Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeek LTK
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Fomalhaut wrote:
Exactly that exists. I used such a webpage in 2012, so probably it is presented in a thread many years ago.

Edit: Here it is!

It wasn't a website, but rather a file. I used it for creating tickets for a custom board. Then I had to make changes within the code, but if you use it for existing boards, it will be much easier I presume. Good luck!

Perfect, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.