David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just saw this listed on CoolStuffInc:

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/240733

Did I miss something? I didn't find it on the Tasty Minstrel Games website.

Anyhow, estimated release is 4 May.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Mayes
United States
Litchfield Park
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! I wanna know more about this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristijan Petrovski
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Subscribed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana Olson
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazing! It already has four 1-star reviews on CSI and it's not even released yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
danaolson wrote:
Amazing! It already has four 1-star reviews on CSI and it's not even released yet.

Haters gonna hate..

I'm interested in it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florent Leguern
France
Saint-Martin-d'Hères
France
flag msg tools
Groaning Grognard
badge
After all, a murder is only an extroverted suicide.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is very interesting ! More material for a nifty game, I'm all in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Aylward
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
me too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florent Leguern
France
Saint-Martin-d'Hères
France
flag msg tools
Groaning Grognard
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I contacted the developer to try and have some more info, because it's still in the dark and I want to know more ! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark James Schryver
United States
Pulaski
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard back from the publisher today. I'd sent a couple of e-mails, asking about info, updated release date, etc.

Their answer was, "Henchmen is already out," and a link to the CSI page. (Which does indeed show that Henchmen is available, and no longer on pre-order.)

If Henchmen is as good as the rest of the Dungeon Roll releases, I'm sure I'll love it. That doesn't change the fact that I'm very surprized at the total lack of publicity, marketing, or even basic information surrounding this release.

Weird.

MJ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florent Leguern
France
Saint-Martin-d'Hères
France
flag msg tools
Groaning Grognard
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll try and see if I can find it somewhere else closer to me, because from CSI, it'll cost me four times the price of the pack in shipping fees wow

And I agree, why such a discreet release ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristijan Petrovski
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon has it on for $16... and it doesn't ship to Canada...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve smith
msg tools
If anyone gets it can you give an overview of it please thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Lerczak
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi Steve, I contacted another BGG user (cdarlage) who owns this and asked for an overview. He kindly responded and had this to say:

It comes with 8 henchmen. At the beginning of the game you can buy 1 if you want. They give you a 1 time use power for that delve. Before you begin your next delve, you can spend 1 treasure to buy another henchman and you can also spend 1 treasure or 1 cleric to refresh your other henchman. The same for your third delve. It is pretty neat. If you like Dungeon Roll, this just adds to it. If you don't like Dungeon Roll, this probably will not change your mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florent Leguern
France
Saint-Martin-d'Hères
France
flag msg tools
Groaning Grognard
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I need this ninja I really hope my FIGS will get this, cuz' otherwise, I'll be forced to pass

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan McKinney
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Lerzy92 wrote:
If you like Dungeon Roll, this just adds to it. If you don't like Dungeon Roll, this probably will not change your mind.

I agree with this. I am actually brand spanking new to the game since I bought the expansion along with the base game and other expansions less than a week ago (they're doing a bundle sale!). I played several solo runs using both the official rules and NuMystic's alternate rules, and also played two times with a friend. I just got done playing a couple solo games using Henchmen. It basically adds another strategic layer to the game. I feel like it is balanced enough in terms of treasure as an expenditure and the power of most of the henchmen. It does NOT add to player interaction, so it is best played solo or with NuMystic's rules.

It's also worth noting that the henchmen cards are smaller and made of a thicker material. They look to be about the same size as a Magic or Pokemon card. They feel nice. Plus, every single expansion fits in the treasure box along with the base game. I think there may be room for one more expansion in the future!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angel Miramón
Mexico
flag msg tools
soblue
I've just payed 30dls on Amazon for the game and the first two espansions!!! If only I had came by here a few minutes earlier. Well, thank you anyways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.