Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Senn
United States
Fort Lauderdale
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I probably should of asked this before pledging the 2nd printing. but oh well. Still excited about the game.

Anyways. I have to travel every Monday to Thursday (fly out Monday, fly in Thursday) for work every week. For several months.

While I dont plan on bringing the full 20 lbs box in my luggage every trip, I was wondering if I could pack the contents for a single scenario ahead of time, and also include the contents for the traveling/city/quests/etc that takes place between each dungeon adventure.

That way I can play a scenario, beat it, do all the leveling or adventuring, then when I get back home back for the next scenario based on the choices i made in between dungeons.

Is it possible to play this game on the go while in my hotel without needing to bring 100 items with me in my suitcase every time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Mathews
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grove123 wrote:
I probably should of asked this before pledging the 2nd printing. but oh well. Still stocked about the game.

Anyways. I have to travel every Monday to Thursday (fly out Monday, fly in Thursday) for work every week. For several months.

While I dont plan on bringing the full 20 lbs box in my luggage every trip, I was wondering if I could pack the contents for a single scenario ahead of time, and also include the contents for the traveling/city/quests/etc that takes place between each dungeon adventure.

That way I can play a scenario, beat it, do all the leveling or adventuring, then when I get back home back for the next scenario based on the choices i made in between dungeons.

Is it possible to play this game on the go while in my hotel without needing to bring 100 items with me in my suitcase every time?

I travel for work as well and I would think that if you plan ahead you could definitely bring only what is needed. It wouldn't be that bad. Of course, I am someone who has brought Eclipse to a weekend work retreat so I may be the wrong person to ask.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Steele
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume you're talking about solo. If that's he case, then yes with some prep. You'll need to know the scenarios you want to play ahead of time. Only bring those tiles and the monsters that go with it. Then the supporting item, road, and city cards. The tokens and character tracking are easy enough to pack up as well. The scenario and rules pdf is available so you don't need to bring those.

I'd say you could get 2-3 scenarios into a nice tight bundle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giles Bloxham
Australia
flag msg tools
There is also a lot of fan made apps that could help you.

I know there is one for the monster decks which will mean less for you to pack.

I don't have time to link you to them as but you should be able to find them on the bgg forum

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Shadwick
United States
Tomball
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First, I'm just glad to hear that other people game while traveling for business as well.

This is definitely doable. I would just grab the compnents you need, throw them in some sandwich bags, and put them in an area of your luggage or computer bag where they wont get damaged.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Russo
Australia
Craigie
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it can be easily done, except if you plan on leveling a character than could add a bit more content to the list. But generally speaking most scenarios include:
- 4-6 tiles
- 2-4 types of monsters, playing solo (2 characters) will need between 2-3 standies of each monster, plus 8 cards for each, 4 envelopes.
- 10-15 overlay tiles
- 2 battle goals
- monster modifier deck (16 cards I think)
- 5x curses and 5x bless should sufice and a couple of -1 cards
- 1 road event
- 1 city event
- character box and mini

that's it. You are set for 1 adventure, problem is that you spend 3 nights away, thus you will need 3 scenarios worth of stuff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Olin
Finland
Vasa
flag msg tools
badge
Justice for the 96!
mbmbmbmbmb
The reason to fly business class so that the extra bag you get can be used for transporting gloomhaven devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Pelletier
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me - John 14:6
mbmbmbmbmb
Southwest doesn't charge for checked bags. Buy a sturdy plastic container and check the whole box. You play one scenario on Monday night, I guarantee you that the rest of the week you will be regretting the decision to leave the rest at home. You'll be prowling local game stores looking for your next fix...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.