David B
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just like it says. The rules are a little vague. If I sell, say, three tiles in a single sale action, do I put all 3 on one space on the trade route or do I disperse them one tile per space?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I always read it as one tile per space.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephane Nolet
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And what happens when all the squares are filled and you have some more goods to sell? Do you start the route again or do these excess tiles go into your usual "sold goods" spot on the player board? I just started another route in my last game but I must say that it bothers me a lot when the ruling on something so simple in apparence is kinda botched.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike M
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking one tile per space, filled from left to right. With two players the rules say 5 cards, which is 15 spaces. I can't imagine selling near that many stacks!

Edit: Played it for the first time last night using one tile per space, and it was really quite fun and interesting. We found ourselves trying to time our sales and gather enough tiles of certain colors to maximize bonuses; it really added another dimension to the game.

On one turn my wife had a trade route that looked like this: R x R x x B x B (where R = red and B = brown). She had 3 reds and 3 browns.
With her first die she placed a ship and got one more red and one more brown from a depot. She then placed a warehouse or used a die to sell the reds (I forget which), giving her two red bonuses, and one of the red bonuses was to ship another good, so she shipped her browns, giving her two more bonuses! A very cool turn.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Dunn
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Whenever players sell their goods (which must still be all the goods of one kind), they do not place those tiles on the corresponding space on their player board, but on their “Trading Routes” cards, filling the display spaces from left to right. If the color of a space matches the color of a tile when it’s placed on a display space, then the player receives immediately the bonus shown on that space."

Here is how I read it. When you sell goods, you go from left to right filling each space along the cards, and only getting a bonus if the color tile placed matches the square on the card.

Example
We're playing five players, and I have 3 cards. The colors on the cards from left to right are as follows:

Pink Brown Orange Pink Brown Purple Red Blue Purple

I sell four pink goods. The tiles cover the first four spaces (Pink, Brown, Orange, and Pink). I get the bonuses for the two Pink squares and nothing for the Brown and Orange squares.

Now, I have Brown Purple Red Blue Purple left. I could then sell one Brown good for the bonus or five Purples for two Bonuses.

This adds a new timing element to selling goods and might behoove you to sell smaller sets of goods.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Roitzsch
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dismas wrote:
"Whenever players sell their goods (which must still be all the goods of one kind), they do not place those tiles on the corresponding space on their player board, but on their “Trading Routes” cards, filling the display spaces from left to right. If the color of a space matches the color of a tile when it’s placed on a display space, then the player receives immediately the bonus shown on that space."

Here is how I read it. When you sell goods, you go from left to right filling each space along the cards, and only getting a bonus if the color tile placed matches the square on the card.

Example
We're playing five players, and I have 3 cards. The colors on the cards from left to right are as follows:

Pink Brown Orange Pink Brown Purple Red Blue Purple

I sell four pink goods. The tiles cover the first four spaces (Pink, Brown, Orange, and Pink). I get the bonuses for the two Pink squares and nothing for the Brown and Orange squares.

Now, I have Brown Purple Red Blue Purple left. I could then sell one Brown good for the bonus or five Purples for two Bonuses.

This adds a new timing element to selling goods and might behoove you to sell smaller sets of goods.

This is how the official rules work. I've ask Alea about it. The new revised rules will be online soon.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richie Turner
United States
Bennington
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
shinkyo wrote:
Dismas wrote:
"Whenever players sell their goods (which must still be all the goods of one kind), they do not place those tiles on the corresponding space on their player board, but on their “Trading Routes” cards, filling the display spaces from left to right. If the color of a space matches the color of a tile when it’s placed on a display space, then the player receives immediately the bonus shown on that space."

Here is how I read it. When you sell goods, you go from left to right filling each space along the cards, and only getting a bonus if the color tile placed matches the square on the card.

Example
We're playing five players, and I have 3 cards. The colors on the cards from left to right are as follows:

Pink Brown Orange Pink Brown Purple Red Blue Purple

I sell four pink goods. The tiles cover the first four spaces (Pink, Brown, Orange, and Pink). I get the bonuses for the two Pink squares and nothing for the Brown and Orange squares.

Now, I have Brown Purple Red Blue Purple left. I could then sell one Brown good for the bonus or five Purples for two Bonuses.

This adds a new timing element to selling goods and might behoove you to sell smaller sets of goods.

This is how the official rules work. I've ask Alea about it. The new revised rules will be online soon.


Once the trade route is full do the rest of the goods go to the normal spot?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Roitzsch
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Iskreemman wrote:
shinkyo wrote:
Dismas wrote:
"Whenever players sell their goods (which must still be all the goods of one kind), they do not place those tiles on the corresponding space on their player board, but on their “Trading Routes” cards, filling the display spaces from left to right. If the color of a space matches the color of a tile when it’s placed on a display space, then the player receives immediately the bonus shown on that space."

Here is how I read it. When you sell goods, you go from left to right filling each space along the cards, and only getting a bonus if the color tile placed matches the square on the card.

Example
We're playing five players, and I have 3 cards. The colors on the cards from left to right are as follows:

Pink Brown Orange Pink Brown Purple Red Blue Purple

I sell four pink goods. The tiles cover the first four spaces (Pink, Brown, Orange, and Pink). I get the bonuses for the two Pink squares and nothing for the Brown and Orange squares.

Now, I have Brown Purple Red Blue Purple left. I could then sell one Brown good for the bonus or five Purples for two Bonuses.

This adds a new timing element to selling goods and might behoove you to sell smaller sets of goods.

This is how the official rules work. I've ask Alea about it. The new revised rules will be online soon.


Once the trade route is full do the rest of the goods go to the normal spot?

I think yes. But there are only 25 (+3/player) goods in a game. To fill all 9/12/15 spaces per player in a 4/3/2 player game is rather unlikely, or?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nash
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I definitely have sold more than 15 in a 2-player game before.

Especially if you get the yellow tile giving points per tile sold, this could definitely happen.

I haven't looked at the official rules, but I'm guessing that for the purposes of the two yellow tiles which give bonus points based on goods sold, goods on your trade route still count?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Nashman88 wrote:
I definitely have sold more than 15 in a 2-player game before.

Especially if you get the yellow tile giving points per tile sold, this could definitely happen.

I haven't looked at the official rules, but I'm guessing that for the purposes of the two yellow tiles which give bonus points based on goods sold, goods on your trade route still count?


Not to mention that now that you get 'bonus actions' for selling goods you are even more likely to try to accumulate and sell more. Definitely important to what happens once the cards are full.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
HI

Is anyone able to post up a decent image of the cards (Fronts & Back) - obviously this is not available for purchase & I would like to try a P&P version.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.