4 Posts

Merchants of Araby» Forums » Rules

Subject: Trading entourage members. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacob Hischier
msg tools
Looking for rules clarification.

Just played first game, which I enjoyed very much, love the negotiating component.

In our game 2 of us ended up partnering up and trading the vizier, back and forth to resolve each other's caravans that we we had sent out camels on, then reinvesting them on . This allows for 2 resolutions per round.
So, if it is legal to trade entourage members at anytime. If I trade them after my second refresh. Can't they be used by the new owner then refreshed at the end of that new owners turn and then traded back, allowing it's use again?

And if this is the case couldn't I "loan" all of my entourage to the active player to get them untapped again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Treat
United States
King of Prussia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Trading an ally like that and letting it enjoy multiple players' refresh steps is entirely legal. (As is trading your whole entourage. Though it's risky since the other player might just keep what you give them. Also, your playgroup might just ban such shenanigans if it proves too powerful.)

I'm not sure if you were doing this, but to be clear: A caravan is removed from play when it resolves. Vizier will let you resolve a caravan early, freeing camels up to be invested elsewhere, but it won't allow a caravan to resolve more than once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Hischier
msg tools
So a new caravan is only drawn after the resolution at the beginning of one's turn, not whenever it is resolved?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Treat
United States
King of Prussia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.