Gerald Reston
United States
Albquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
Considering that DVG has made Warfighter a crazy-popular game, I always pondered if they ever considered making a game involving the command of an LAPD SWAT Team?

Except I think it's best that it shouldn't be another Warfighter entry, but its own unique title.

The way it should work for the player's SWAT Operators are as follows:
Entry Teams (5-Man Elements)
-Element Leader
-Red & Blue Sections: 2 Operators per Section

What I'd like to see for SWAT operators' initial experience point requirements and skills hails from how long they've been in the ranks of D Platoon (LAPD SWAT) for.

A SWAT Operator can be assigned to any of the following roles (Except the one selected as Element Leader)
-Rifleman (Specializes in Carbines and Rifles)
-Assaulter (Jack of All Trades)
-Rearguard (Specializes in Shotguns)
-Scout (Specializes in Mirrors, Fiber Optic Cameras, Submachine Guns and Pistols)
-Breacher (Specializes in Breaching Equipment like Shotguns and C2 Explosives)
-Close Quarters Battle (Specializes in Submachine Guns and Pistols)
-Riot Control (Specializes in Riot Shields, Heavy Armor, Less-than Lethal Equipment and Pistols)
-Less than Lethal (Specializes in Ammunition with Less-than Lethal Capabilities, Tasers and Grenade Launchers)
-EMT (Specializes in stabilizing and evacuating wounded Officers, Civilians and Suspects)

Sniper Teams (2-Man Units)
-Shooter
-Spotter

As such with this kind of work, SWAT teams are called upon for performing missions in defending law and order. I'd like to see DVG implement the following:
-Barricaded Suspect(s)
-Barricade-Hostage Situation
-Counter Terrorism
-High-Risk Warrant Service
-Rapid Deployment
-Riot Control
-VIP Detail

And considering what SWAT goes through to keep the streets clean, they'll be rescuing hostages, evacuating civilians, protecting VIPs and stopping criminals in their tracks.

Also to take into consideration is how well pre-mission crisis negotiations will be determined by the roll of a die.

Finally, the most important piece of all is to make certain that DVG can replicate Police and SWAT procedure for this kind of thing.

I hope to see this come to fruition one day!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.