Subject: Promos - The Shunter and Engine Shed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up a copy of this game in a Maths Trade - it was the German version with English cards which Tony put out last year.

It came with the trans-Australia railway/daffodil line expansion and 6-card Seasons promo pack. Also included in the box were two additional promo cards:

- The Shunter
- Engine Shed

Does anyone know if these were part of a set or promo for a specific event? I can't find any reference to them, except Tony hinting at them here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/130653/snowdonia-card-man...
I've checked the blog, facebook and the forums!

I'd also appreciate a clarification of exactly what they do to make sure I am interpreting them correctly (I can post photos if required)

Cheers for any help.

UPDATE - photo below

My assessment of the abilities is:
Shunter - costs 3 bars; allows use of the 3rd worker every round without coal. No other bonus.
Engine Shed - costs 6 rubble. Pay 2 rubble for third worker each round. During the 'pay for train maintenance' you get to keep any bars used by other players to maintain their trains. (This is based on seeing he ability elsewhere).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Next Game Please
England
Frome
Somerset
flag msg tools
Find a Friend
badge
Next Game Please
mbmbmbmbmb
Mt guess is they're promo's.

I've checked through Mt Washington, jungfraubahn, my Daffodil and Australia, Necropolis and Neuhauser and cannot see them at all.

Happy playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Boydell
United Kingdom
Newent. Glos
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Every homo sapiens needs an outbuilding within the curtelage of their property
badge
Welcome...to my Shed!
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct...almost! You still have to pay 1 Steel Bar for the Engine Shed's maintenance BUT you get everyone else's steel bar first :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.