Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Bennetts
United Kingdom
Wellington
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm afraid I don't know Shipyard but can state that Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar plays very well with 2 players and you have the option of painting up your gears first, if you're so inclined.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Harris
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar hands down. I've played this several times 2-player and enjoyed every experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Goodwin
United Kingdom
Robertsbridge
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both nice games. Shipyard also plays well with two. What put me off it in the end, and the reason I sold it, was that it has a very long setup time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Tucker
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
A game is a series of decisions; a good game is a series of interesting decisions
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shipyard is the heavier game, at least in my opinion, and heavier than anything you have listed as owned. Tzolk'in I would put as about as heavy as the heaviest games you have listed, like Keyflower.

I like both of the games as 2-player games, and think they are both good games in general.

Tzolk'in is action drafting, while Shipyard is a rondel (inside of rondels) game. You might want to get Tzolk'in now, and look for a gentler introduction to rondels, like maybe Navegador (which also plays fairly well 2-player in my opinion).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.