Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
23 Posts

Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about resources and the rebel base rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin Boatman
United States
New Iberia
Louisiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you choose a planet to be the rebel base that already has resource icons on it, can you build the ships on that planet as well as the ships on the rebel base space during the build phase? Or can you just build the rebel base space?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Huntington
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You cannot build from the Planet's resources unless the planet is LOYAL to the Rebels (and not subjugated, or occupied in space by Imperials).
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That would give away the location of the Rebel Base!

Here are the relevant rules quotes that answer your question:
RRG - Build Units wrote:
The Rebel player can also use the resource icons in the “Rebel
Base” space to build units, unless the base is revealed and the
Imperial player has a unit or loyalty in the system.

RRG - Deploy Units wrote:
While the base is hidden, the Rebel player can deploy up to two
units to the “Rebel Base” space. If the Rebel base’s system is
loyal, he can also deploy units in that system. While the base is
revealed, units cannot be deployed to the “Rebel Base” space.

RRG - Rebel Base wrote:
• Units can be built from and deployed to this space as if it
were a system


Basically, while the base is hidden, you treat the Rebel Base space as if it was its own system for the purposes of building and deployment (do not count it as a system for other things, though).

Edit: And Chris is right as well. You can't use the icons on the planet at all unless the system qualifies (so it has its own loyalty token and there are no imperial units present, nor a sabotage marker present).
3 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel van der pol
Netherlands
Leiden
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pathosis wrote:
If you choose a planet to be the rebel base that already has resource icons on it, can you build the ships on that planet as well as the ships on the rebel base space during the build phase? Or can you just build the rebel base space?


For the purpose of building units and deploying units, the Rebel base and the system it is in count as SEPARATE systems. So you can build units for the system (provided it is loyal and no imperial units are present) AND you can build units for the Rebel Base. Same is true for deployment; you can deploy up to two units in the system as well as two units in the Rebel base space.

However, events that happen in the system will also affect the rebel base. Imperial units in the system will block both production of units as well as deployment of units.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
marcelvdpol wrote:
For the purpose of building units and deploying units, the Rebel base and the system it is in count as SEPARATE systems.


They are separate things, yes, but not separate systems because the base space is not a system. It's a very important distinction to keep clear.

Quote:
However, events that happen in the system will also affect the rebel base. Imperial units in the system will block both production of units as well as deployment of units.


If you meant to say that imperial ships in the same system as the hidden base block will building with the base's icons or deploying to the base space, that is incorrect. The only time you cannot build with the base's icons is when it is revealed and there is imperial units or loyalty in the base system. You can always deploy to the base space while it is hidden.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Patterson
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
csouth154 wrote:
marcelvdpol wrote:
For the purpose of building units and deploying units, the Rebel base and the system it is in count as SEPARATE systems.


They are separate things, yes, but not separate systems because the base space is not a system. It's a very important distinction to keep clear.

Quote:
However, events that happen in the system will also affect the rebel base. Imperial units in the system will block both production of units as well as deployment of units.


If you meant to say that imperial ships in the same system as the hidden base block will building with the base's icons or deploying to the base space, that is incorrect. The only time you cannot build with the base's icons is when it is revealed and there is imperial units or loyalty in the base system.


This sounds correct. If the base is hidden, which it could be with Imperial ships but no ground units present, the base produces as normal. The system, if loyal but with Imperial ships present, would not produce, but the base is treated separately. If the Rebel player had to say "Oh, there are imperial ships orbiting the base's system, so I guess the base doesn't produce," that would be a dead give away of the base's location.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the rebel base is revealed on a remote system(no imperial units), can the rebels deploy 2 units to there?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
jooice wrote:
If the rebel base is revealed on a remote system(no imperial units), can the rebels deploy 2 units to there?


Nope.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
They can use the build icons in that case, though.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Boatman
United States
New Iberia
Louisiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the responses guys. I do have a second question relating to my first in though. If I choose a planet with resources as the rebel base, am I allowed to "bluff" by flying troops to the plant itself instead of to the base? And, once I did that and made the planet loyal, could I then "double dip" and build ships with both the rebel base and the planet it is on?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregarious
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
They can use the build icons in that case, though.

RRG - Revealing the Rebel Base wrote:
The resource icons on the “Rebel Base” space can still be used while the base is revealed unless there is an Imperial unit or Imperial loyalty in the Rebel base’s system.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pathosis wrote:
Thanks for the responses guys. I do have a second question relating to my first in though. If I choose a planet with resources as the rebel base, am I allowed to "bluff" by flying troops to the plant itself instead of to the base?

Provided the base is hidden, the answer to this one is a definite no. It would reveal the base, as you are deploying on a non-loyal planet. The presence of the base there does not allow you to deploy on the planet (unless the base is revealed).

Quote:
And, once I did that and made the planet loyal, could I then "double dip" and build ships with both the rebel base and the planet it is on?

If you make it loyal, which requires a mission, not just units being there, then yes, you can build from and deploy to both, givent he other restrictions are met.


Greg443 wrote:
Clipper wrote:
They can use the build icons in that case, though.

RRG - Revealing the Rebel Base wrote:
The resource icons on the “Rebel Base” space can still be used while the base is revealed unless there is an Imperial unit or Imperial loyalty in the Rebel base’s system.

I'm not sure why you posted this. It matches exactly what I said, as it was stated there were no units nor loyalty.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Oh, I totally misunderstood what he was asking...or you did...

Either way, I'm deleting my above response...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
csouth154 wrote:
jooice wrote:
If the rebel base is revealed on a remote system(no imperial units), can the rebels deploy 2 units to there?


Nope.


Do u have a rules section to reference?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
jooice wrote:
csouth154 wrote:
jooice wrote:
If the rebel base is revealed on a remote system(no imperial units), can the rebels deploy 2 units to there?


Nope.


Do u have a rules section to reference?


The rules pertaining to where units may be deployed. There is no rule that says you may deploy to a system just because the base is there. Rebels can only deploy to a system if it is a rebel system without imperial units or a sabotage marker. A remote system can never be a rebel or imperial system.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
csouth154 wrote:
jooice wrote:
csouth154 wrote:
jooice wrote:
If the rebel base is revealed on a remote system(no imperial units), can the rebels deploy 2 units to there?


Nope.


Do u have a rules section to reference?


The rules pertaining to where units may be deployed. There is no rule that says you may deploy to a system just because the base is there.


This is true

However the rules also say that when the rebel base is revealed and all your units are in the system that contains the rebel base, that you can treat the system as if it were the rebel base space.

One of the abilities the rebel base space has is that you can deploy 2 units into there each round.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jooice wrote:
csouth154 wrote:
jooice wrote:
csouth154 wrote:
jooice wrote:
If the rebel base is revealed on a remote system(no imperial units), can the rebels deploy 2 units to there?


Nope.


Do u have a rules section to reference?


The rules pertaining to where units may be deployed. There is no rule that says you may deploy to a system just because the base is there.


This is true

However the rules also say that when the rebel base is revealed and all your units are in the system that contains the rebel base, that you can treat the system as if it were the rebel base space.

One of the abilities the rebel base space has is that you can deploy 2 units into there each round.


However I found the rule that negates what I said:

Rules Ref: Page 7, Deploy Units, 4th Bullet point:
"While the base is
revealed, units cannot be deployed to the “Rebel Base” space."

I was wrong, case closed
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witold G
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Avatar
jooice wrote:
However I found the rule that negates what I said:

Rules Ref: Page 7, Deploy Units, 4th Bullet point:
"While the base is
revealed, units cannot be deployed to the “Rebel Base” space."

I was wrong, case closed

I will only add that the rule you quote isn't some exception from the general rule; there's simply no general rule like the one you present below.

jooice wrote:
However the rules also say that when the rebel base is revealed and all your units are in the system that contains the rebel base, that you can treat the system as if it were the rebel base space.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perf wrote:


I was wrong, case closed

I will only add that the rule you quote isn't some exception from the general rule; there's simply no general rule like the one you present below.

jooice wrote:
However the rules also say that when the rebel base is revealed and all your units are in the system that contains the rebel base, that you can treat the system as if it were the rebel base space.
[/q]

"While the base is revealed, any cards that apply to the “Rebel
Base” space apply to the base’s system instead. For example,
if the Rebel base is currently revealed and the Imperial player
reveals the “Gather Intel” mission, he draws probe cards
depending on the number of Rebel units in the base’s system."
(Page 11)


Obviously it isn't as wide-spread as I said, and it doesn't help deploying there especially since there is a a rule preventing it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jooice wrote:
jooice wrote:
Perf wrote:


I was wrong, case closed

I will only add that the rule you quote isn't some exception from the general rule; there's simply no general rule like the one you present below.

jooice wrote:
However the rules also say that when the rebel base is revealed and all your units are in the system that contains the rebel base, that you can treat the system as if it were the rebel base space.


"While the base is revealed, any cards that apply to the “Rebel
Base” space apply to the base’s system instead. For example,
if the Rebel base is currently revealed and the Imperial player
reveals the “Gather Intel” mission, he draws probe cards
depending on the number of Rebel units in the base’s system."
(Page 11)


Obviously it isn't as wide-spread as I said, and it doesn't help deploying there especially since there is a a rule preventing it.


That quite obviously only applies to "any cards that apply to the "Rebel Base" space". That is nowhere near a general rule as you implied. It only refers to cards and to nothing else.

So even if there wasn't another explicit mention clarifying it, this rule would not allow you to deploy there unless it was a card saying that you could.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witold G
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Avatar
Yes, that's exactly what I meant. When the base is revealed, "properties" of the "Rebel Base" space aren't automatically inherited by Rebel base's system - unless explicitly stated.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hard
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll have to check the rules if this was the correct method but it seemed to help in my last game that when the rebel base gets revealed we just move all units from the base space onto the main board's system space to avoid confusion.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
sentient02970 wrote:
I'll have to check the rules if this was the correct method but it seemed to help in my last game that when the rebel base gets revealed we just move all units from the base space onto the main board's system space to avoid confusion.


That is indeed exactly what the rules instruct.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.