Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Cross
United States
Stoughton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm unclear on something from the rules.

If I roll the dice and put them on the track, and after doing so there are still open spaces left, can I repeat this process again or do I need to accept my second roll?

There is a sidebar in pink on page 4 of the rulebook that says:

"Please note: If a player declines the result of a roll or does not take
any of the existing dice pairs, they cannot change their decision later
and must accept the result of their new roll."

I understand that to mean that you can't change your mind after rolling another pair and decide to take the pairs already on the track, but it also seems to indicate that you must accept the second roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
♫ As the masters rot on walls ♫ And the angels eat their grapes ♫ I watched Picasso Visit The Planet Of The Apes ♫
mbmbmbmbmb
mattx wrote:
I'm unclear on something from the rules.

If I roll the dice and put them on the track, and after doing so there are still open spaces left, can I repeat this process again or do I need to accept my second roll?
You can repeat the process but must observe the condition at the bottom of page 3:
"Important: The player must accept the result, if the only unoccupied space on the dice track is the space just before the deckchair rental or the space at the end of the track."

mattx wrote:

There is a sidebar in pink on page 4 of the rulebook that says:

"Please note: If a player declines the result of a roll or does not take
any of the existing dice pairs, they cannot change their decision later
and must accept the result of their new roll."

I understand that to mean that you can't change your mind after rolling another pair and decide to take the pairs already on the track, but it also seems to indicate that you must accept the second roll.
The pink sidebar accompanies the image of the top two dice track spaces and their re-roll options.
Like you confirmed, players have to accept the new roll if one of those dice pairs were chosen and possibly changed with any re-roll of one or both of their dice, respectively.

EDIT: typos and clarifying

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Mason
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still a little confused. In a 4 player game. how many sets of dice can the first player roll? 2 or 3?

And if the first player rolls the max allotted to him, how many sets of dice can all subsequent players roll? ( besides just choosing one of the first two set and re-rolling )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Day
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The first player can possibly roll 3 times. If they decline the first 2 rolls, there will be only 1 unoccupied space before the deckchair rental so they would have to take the third roll.

Since the deckchair rental tile moves down (and eventually off) after each player, if the first player takes their first roll then the second player can possibly have 3 rolls.

Declining dice reduces the number of possible rolls for succeeding players. This can impact their decision of whether or not to take a reroll option of the first 2 spaces.

The confusing part of this mechanic is that on a player's final possible roll, there is an unoccupied space available but the dice cannot be placed there. The space is reserved for the beach towel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.