Jim Scheiderich
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clarification:

If my review is correct, only OPT to Mars or Earth orbit maneuvers allow adding time-tokens and therefore using Ion engines along with aero-brake usage?

I am unclear as to why other maneuvers - such as Jupiter Fly-by to Jupiter orbit appear to not allow adding time-symbols. Since the Difficulty drops from 10 to 1. Perhaps it is due to that vast difference in difficulty.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Zscheile
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is because if you are in Jupiter Fly-By, you already are very near to Jupiter and about to be flung into space in some weeks or less time (compare that to the year(s) you can take for timed maneuvers). Since Ion Thrusters produce very little, but continuous thrust, they are considered to not be able to perform this fast maneuver.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Scheiderich
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking along those lines as the straight up difficulty is 10 vs. 1 for aero-brake.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.