Christophe Jouan
France
flag msg tools
Hello all

Let's take an exemple : "They're all around us" from the private hudson deck.

This card have a 2 attack , the key word coordinate et the ability " you can scan two rooms"

I understand that i can't coordinate because i am the only player but :

- Can i use the two pints attacks ?
- Can i use the ability because the card text is not "if you coordinate, you can scan two rooms" ?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Coordinate cards allow you to "give" the card to another player if you want. However, if you choose to keep it you can still use all of the abilities yourself. So you can use the two attack points and the scan two rooms ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Korson
United States
Galloway
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correcting that when playing in Solo Mode with only one Avatar that you can't use the 'Coordinate' ability of cards.

So in your case, you would get only the Two Attack points that the Private Hudson card you mentioned gives.

Side note: The Expansion adds more specific rules for solo play and handling 'Coordinate' cards. Essentially, you can use the Coordinate capability to draw another card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Lujan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
reverendunclebastard wrote:
Coordinate cards allow you to "give" the card to another player if you want. However, if you choose to keep it you can still use all of the abilities yourself. So you can use the two attack points and the scan two rooms ability.

this is correct, you can still use the abilities without needing to coordinate. also, when you're playing solo, once per turn you are allowed to discard a coordinate card and draw another card
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Jouan
France
flag msg tools
Hello michael for me it's not a coordinate ability because it's not

coordinate :

or

If you coordinate :

But just the key word coordinate.

So im wrong ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Korson
United States
Galloway
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right - if it just says 'Coordinate' you still can play it and get the Attack value or Recruit points that the card is worth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
maklen9 wrote:
You are correcting that when playing in Solo Mode with only one Avatar that you can't use the 'Coordinate' ability of cards.

So in your case, you would get only the Two Attack points that the Private Hudson card you mentioned gives.

Side note: The Expansion adds more specific rules for solo play and handling 'Coordinate' cards. Essentially, you can use the Coordinate capability to draw another card.

You would also get the "scan two rooms" ability, that is not tied to coordinate either. Coordinate just lets you give the card and all its abilities to another player, but you can still use the whole card, points and abilities, yourself instead of giving it to another player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Lujan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Crizophe wrote:
Hello michael for me it's not a coordinate ability because it's not

coordinate :

or

If you coordinate :

But just the key word coordinate.

So im wrong ?

if all it says is "Coordinate" then you can still follow the text underneath the word, regardless if coordinated the card or not
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cards with the keyword "Coordinate" on them are just giving you an extra option for what you can do with them. You can ignore it completely if you want and just play the card as if it didn't have the word Coordinate on it at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Jouan
France
flag msg tools
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.