Subject: IOS App Release Date? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Chelsea
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On a BGG news announcement awhile back, they said the game would be released on 5/3. Has anyone else been able to buy the game or know when the release date is? Possibly later today and I'm just being impatient.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the beta is what's out right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Carter
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's out now:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/race-for-the-galaxy/id119067...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chelsea
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Speak of the devil. The home page of BGG has a link in the first news article. Downloading now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Pierce
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The link works for me as well. Thanks for posting it!

A bit strange that searching for "Race for the Galaxy" doesn't get you to the app.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bpierce72 wrote:
The link works for me as well. Thanks for posting it!

A bit strange that searching for "Race for the Galaxy" doesn't get you to the app.

Same for Android! Straaange!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theresa Duringer
United States
California
flag msg tools
Sometimes takes a few hours to propagate in the store search. Should come up soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jérôme
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the difference between the iOS version and the free videogame by Keldon?
https://boardgamegeek.com/videogame/104459/race-galaxy-ai

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The main differences:

Advantages of the app: iOS & Android support, Steam support coming, includes 6 new start worlds, 3 levels of AI (though easy is very easy), likely to have more people playing online, flashier graphics, tutorial mode, game rules included.

Advantages of Keldon's program: free, all expansions available already, supports 2-6p (the app only goes up to 4 currently).

Both use Keldon's AI - the hard AI in the app seems similar to the hard AI in Keldon's program. I don't know if they are identical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jérôme
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zabdiel wrote:
The main differences:

Advantages of the app: iOS & Android support, Steam support coming, includes 6 new start worlds, 3 levels of AI (though easy is very easy), likely to have more people playing online, flashier graphics, tutorial mode, game rules included.

Advantages of Keldon's program: free, all expansions available already, supports 2-6p (the app only goes up to 4 currently).

Both use Keldon's AI - the hard AI in the app seems similar to the hard AI in Keldon's program. I don't know if they are identical.

Thanks.
I'm fairly new to RFTG and introduced it to my partner recently, but she doesn't like it. Then I found Keldon's AI yet before I gave it a try, the iOS version was released. Maybe I should start with 'easy' instead of 'free' though ????

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tsaar wrote:
Maybe I should start with 'easy' instead of 'free' though ????

Maybe, the tutorial is great for totally new players (my 7 & 9 year olds tried it). The medium AI is more forgiving than the hard AI (which is the AI on Keldon's game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jérôme
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not totally new. I played it few times when it was released and recently I traded another game for it. I'm at the stage where "I get it", the symbols no longer confuse and I start to think about strategies.

I wish the app was a bit cheaper but it's not that much money after all, so I'll probably give it a go.

Thanks for your comments, again! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jérôme
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to add: played 3x Keldon yesterday (lost twice and one draw) and purchased the fresh iOS app this morning.
Wow, what an improvement of graphics. And I have beaten the easy AI. Very proud
Love it. Now I want to become good at it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls