Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Dark Souls: The Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Miniature Issue rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Evans
United Kingdom
St Ives
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know how to unglue parts of the miniatures? It appears that whoever assembled and glued my outrider knight decided it would look a lot better with the head on backwards but I disagree and would like to fix it. So far I've not managed to make the head budge at all without causing stress and probably breaking it. Anyone else have issues like this?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alek Pushka
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PrimalAce wrote:
Does anyone know how to unglue parts of the miniatures? It appears that whoever assembled and glued my outrider knight decided it would look a lot better with the head on backwards but I disagree and would like to fix it. So far I've not managed to make the head budge at all without causing stress and probably breaking it. Anyone else have issues like this?


It is probably plastic glue, i.e. glue which melts plastic for bonding.

You may want to use a sharp scalpel to carefully separate the two.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kirkman
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You probably want to check SFG what sort of glue was used. If its superglue a bit of a soak in dettol should do the trick
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Mitchell
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Before you do anything, take pictures! Then, use the form called 'Damaged/Mispacked Products' which is at the bottom right of this page: http://steamforged.com/contact/ or email them at support@steamforged.com
and ask for a replacement. That way if something goes wrong with your fix job, you already have a record of the incorrectly assembled piece, and will still be able to get a replacement.
14 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Russo
Australia
Craigie
WA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cut it of with a hobby knife, glue it back and use some liquid green stuff, prime it and start painting.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Evans
United Kingdom
St Ives
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Grumpae wrote:
Before you do anything, take pictures! Then, use the form called 'Damaged/Mispacked Products' which is at the bottom right of this page: http://steamforged.com/contact/ or email them at support@steamforged.com
and ask for a replacement. That way if something goes wrong with your fix job, you already have a record of the incorrectly assembled piece, and will still be able to get a replacement.


Thanks Mate.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Evans
United Kingdom
St Ives
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Imaginary Star wrote:
PrimalAce wrote:
Does anyone know how to unglue parts of the miniatures? It appears that whoever assembled and glued my outrider knight decided it would look a lot better with the head on backwards but I disagree and would like to fix it. So far I've not managed to make the head budge at all without causing stress and probably breaking it. Anyone else have issues like this?


It is probably plastic glue, i.e. glue which melts plastic for bonding.

You may want to use a sharp scalpel to carefully separate the two.


I'm pretty sure it's not else you wouldn't see obvious glue residue by the feet of some of them. This kind of plastic doesn't seem like the styrene based plastics that kind of glue works on. Also if it was glued with that kind of glue I'm pretty much stuffed in trying remove the head as it'll be welded together.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Evans
United Kingdom
St Ives
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
carkara wrote:
cut it of with a hobby knife, glue it back and use some liquid green stuff, prime it and start painting.


That is my last resort though I'd rather not have to do this.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Evans
United Kingdom
St Ives
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Email sent with pictures. Now we play the waiting game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Evans
United Kingdom
St Ives
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It has been 4 days since I sent my email. Still no reply or even acknowledgement of receiving it. I'd have thought it would be expected that many issues would present itself given the shear number of copies being distributed and that they would be ready to deal with them.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.