Arcadia Quest» Forums » Rules

Subject: One player taking multiple quest tokens for same quest? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Chappell
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Played my first game today, and had a weird problem. One of the players finished the "Find the Weapons" quest from District of Hammers, but then they went on to try to pick up the other quest token, so nobody else could finish the quest.

We agreed it seemed unreasonable for him to be able to do that, and said he had to leave it in the ground, but reading the rules, it's really unclear. I guess he can't return the second token for another reward, since a player can only finish a quest once, but in that case can he take the token onto his character, so we have to kill him to finish the quest ourselves?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
that is allowed. You simply have to kill the hero carrying the token to force them to drop it. It is a nice way to deny other people certain objectives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ender02 wrote:
that is allowed. You simply have to kill the hero carrying the token to force them to drop it. It is a nice way to deny other people certain objectives.

And he could have went after the second reward, he just wouldn't get credit for completing the quest a second time.

From the AQ FAQ:
Q. If a Quest grants 2 Reward cards for accomplishing two separate tasks (like killing 2 different Monsters, or taking 2 different Quest tokens), can a single Guild get both Reward cards by performing both tasks?
A. If the Scenario Special Rules don’t prevent it, then a single Guild may accomplish both tasks. It will get both Reward cards, though the Quest is accomplished only once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
bigblock75 wrote:
Ender02 wrote:

And he could have went after the second reward, he just wouldn't get credit for completing the quest a second time.

From the AQ FAQ:
Q. If a Quest grants 2 Reward cards for accomplishing two separate tasks (like killing 2 different Monsters, or taking 2 different Quest tokens), can a single Guild get both Reward cards by performing both tasks?
A. If the Scenario Special Rules don’t prevent it, then a single Guild may accomplish both tasks. It will get both Reward cards, though the Quest is accomplished only once.

Yup. It can be very handy to get both rewards. Sometimes the other players go for the title first and leave you plenty of room/time to finish both reward objectives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Chappell
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Ugh, so in other words, if I'm being fair, I got utterly screwed in the first round (6 coins and no reward, while they should've got 12 and both rewards). I mean, if I hadn't assumed you were only able to take away one quest token per guild, I'm sure I would've gotten it (chose to attack other players instead because I knew the only competition for the second reward was the guild who already got it). When they tried going for it I was utterly blindsighted and it felt unfair.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.