Firefly: The Game» Forums » General

Subject: disgruntled leaders rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
blair lafferty

Florida
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Q: we all know that a second Disgruntled token on a leader makes him/her fire his/her entire crew. but the rules are somewhat unclear as to how many Disgruntled tokens are removed from the Leader when this happens. is it one token or both?

thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Bouselli
United States
Carteret
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure it's both. That's what I've always done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Evans
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GreatGodPan wrote:
Q: we all know that a second Disgruntled token on a leader makes him/her fire his/her entire crew. but the rules are somewhat unclear as to how many Disgruntled tokens are removed from the Leader when this happens. is it one token or both?

thank you.

Here is a quote from Gale Force Nine (link to original thread after quote)...

Gale Force Nine wrote:
Daniel's analogy is spot on:

dlhammond wrote:
"I think it is like getting a 3rd strike in baseball. No player ever has 3 strikes because the moment he receives his 3rd he is struck out. He still received a 3rd strike but he never had 3 strikes as his count at bat, because once he got it he was no longer at bat.

Your leader "earned" his 2nd disgruntled token (note it doesn't say put a second token on him) it triggered event "You're all Ruttin' fired", then you remove a token (the one that showed you were already disgruntled)."

After firing all their crew, your Leader should not have any Disgruntled Tokens left. We'll add this to the FAQ shortly. In future editions of the rulebook, the "You're All Ruttin' Fired!" paragraph will be updated to read:

You’re all Ruttin’ Fired! If your Leader ever receives a second Disgruntled token, they’ve lost confidence in their Crew. They do not leave the Ship. Instead, they fire all the other Crew. Immediately Discard all your Crew, except for your Leader, to their Supply Deck discard piles. Remove both Disgruntled tokens from your Leader.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1062281/disgruntled-lea...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cohn
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was just coming here to post that very thing from the FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Evans
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OchreOgre wrote:
Was just coming here to post that very thing from the FAQ.

Sweet! I think this may be the first time I was the Ninja insteaed of the Ninja'ed... ninja whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Stratford
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is already included in FAQ 4.1 on page 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
blair lafferty

Florida
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks everyone. i'm happy to state that this means that we've been playing it correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becky Rose
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On a related topic: In my house we also have a house rule that you cannot disgruntle your leader until there is nobody else to disgruntle or a card specifically states the leader.

In short: You cannot chose to disgruntle the leader instead of killing a crew member.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.