Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » General

Subject: Has Anyone Played with Unlimited Hand Size? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: variant [+] [View All]
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." ♯ ♩ ♫ ♪ - Beethoven
badge
--------ViSiT--------- ---------------------- DockingBay416.com ---------------------- ------for some------ ---------------------- -------STAR--------- -------WARS-------- --------------------- ------l-o-v-e--------
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering if anyone tried a game without discarding down to 10 cards in your hand.

Some cards are very good late game and getting them early is almost a waste. Would it change the was the game is played significantly? Has anyone tried to play this way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I think this really only comes into play regularly for the imperials. So if you accept that the game is balanced, it would give them an advantage.

But no, I haven't tried it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Clearihue
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If we're talking about the mission cards, I would say that it's probably a good idea to cap it.

If you're trying to hold something back for a later opportunity to really make it shine, like Yularen's mission to help locate the Rebel Base, then you're taking the risk that it's occupying real estate in your hand while you hope to recruit the appropriate Leader, and then getting the combo to go off at just the right time.

I'd take it that if you're trying to run the long con like that, then it provides a cost/risk to doing so, otherwise the Imperial player would just stockpile everything and it would cut back on some decisions.

It also incentivizes you to use the disposable missions perhaps in a suboptimal way because if you don't, you're going to have to discard it anyways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.