United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ben Stealer of Bagge wrote:
Just what it says!

Weird that a tweet is revealing this before a press release/KS update.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Lunches
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just so no one thinks I'm really good at photoshop

https://twitter.com/eric_lang
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

you could also do

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Lunches
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:

you could also do

Thank you! And now I know! And knowing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it only the box getting printed, or, is everything that is meant to go into the box being printed as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Brown
England
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
No, I'M Spartacus
badge
\m/
mbmbmbmbmb
Assuming we're still receiving in April next year, that seems like an awful long time to have to store the core boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Kasper
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FritzBraun wrote:
Assuming we're still receiving in April next year, that seems like an awful long time to have to store the core boxes.

That is exactly what I was thinking too. I assume they have to book a time slot for mini production and regarding the queue of games ludo is producing with a delivery before next year I think this is a waste of storage space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lang
Canada
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sending game files to the printer is an exciting milestone for dev teams, but it's not really a press-worthy event.

Eric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Brown
England
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
No, I'M Spartacus
badge
\m/
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric Lang wrote:
Sending game files to the printer is an exciting milestone for dev teams, but it's not really a press-worthy event.

Eric

I think we all like to peek behind the curtain, to understand the process a little better. So thanks for sharing with us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Lunches
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric Lang wrote:

Eric

Mr. Lang,

I humbly need to disagree and please don't hate me. In a world where what the Kardashian's wore to the Met Gala or why Kanye West wasn't there is considered "press-worthy" I think this is deserving some press.

The fact that CMON is working to provide an improved product and service to its' customers is an amazing story. I have read thousands of comments complaining about CMON games (usually the delivery time). We even joke that people should add 3 to 9 months to any delivery estimate CMON gives. And yet, less than a month after this KS campaign ended you and the development team have sent the core game to the printers. This is highly commendable.

I have read numerous complaints about the customer service at CMON. I usually try to talk to these other customers (some just need their snickers) to find out what their complaints are before they get on the phone or email one of the great Customer Service professionals CMON employs. These staffers shouldn't have to deal with an angry person that just wants to yell at someone. Every time I have dealt with one of your Customer Service professionals I get a response within an hour and usually end up with a smile on my face. Granted my customer service inquiries are probably not their normal dealings and its refreshing to have positive feedback.

In conclusion, within our industry, this is an amazing milestone and definitely press-worthy. I commend you, Thiago Aranha, Senior Developer Michael Shinall, and the rest of the development team in this record breaking milestone. I would also like to pass on my sincerest appreciation to the Customer Service team, specifically Brandy Root, Matthew H., and Bethania. You have an amazing team and I look forward to all my future dealings with CMON Games!

Notoriously,

Ben Stealer of Bagged Lunches
(Mr. Lunches)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davi Rosa
Brazil
Brasília
DF
flag msg tools
badge
From the Dungeons and Dragons 80's cartoon. If only it was remade...
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny. I had a recent bad experience with customer service, and I didn't yell at anyone. CMON sent the wrong value on the invoice, a higher amount, and, for that, I had to pay more taxes than I was supposed to. When I asked them for help, before retrieving my package, before paying, but they said the couldn't/wouldn't help at all - all I needed was an official statement from CMON saying the correct value, but appanrently that was too much to ask.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Lunches
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Davi, that's terrible to hear. I was generalizing, obviously not everyone is yelling at them. Hopefully with all the changes occurring at CMON these types of mistakes become a much lower percentage.

I am surprised they were unable to do anything though. Not even an apology? Or some free swag?

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davi Rosa
Brazil
Brasília
DF
flag msg tools
badge
From the Dungeons and Dragons 80's cartoon. If only it was remade...
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, just a "there is nothing we can do". It was pretty sad, since I like their products a lot. It just saddens me because I won't be able to keep buying from them if this is what might happen again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mouldy Banana
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Has this thing been playtested to death and back? We only had WIP rules during the campaign and now they've gone to print?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Octavius
Canada
Chilliwack
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This may just be for the 'white box' step, where they make the box and all the components, but don't actually print anything on it yet, so they can see how it will all fit together.

Thank you! And now I know! And knowing...

Is how you know stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Lunches
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mouldybanana wrote:
Has this thing been playtested to death and back? We only had WIP rules during the campaign and now they've gone to print?

It appears the core game has gone to print. Which doesn't include the Dynasty Invasion Expansion (which I believe will have its own rules addendum).

Have they playtested it? You can bet your sweet associated press credentials it has. Eric Lang is kinda known as perfectionist when it comes to these things. Especially RS (it's one of his babies).

Like I mentioned before. Things are a changing at CMON. I wouldn't be surprised if projects start getting completed a little earlier (on time or early). I just hope the corporate climate doesn't change too much. If employee moral drops too much the product will suffer. If the product suffers, we suffer, and the whole gaming industry will suffer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wagner
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
. . .if the gaming industry suffers the whole world suffers!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maebon wrote:
This may just be for the 'white box' step, where they make the box and all the components, but don't actually print anything on it yet, so they can see how it will all fit together.

Yeah I think people are getting a little ahead of themselves, just an early step in the whole manufacturing process. Probably what the manufacturer needs to start arranging how to get it made.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Smith
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StevenE wrote:
Is it only the box getting printed, or, is everything that is meant to go into the box being printed as well?

This is most likely so they can have copies at Gencon which they always do every year they have the base game for sale at Gencon about 5-6 months ahead of the kickstarter deliver date. And then the kickstarter backers get to wait 5-6 months till there metric ton of plastic shows up

And yes every kickstarter backer will be pissed as usual that the Gencon people got the base game wayyyy ahead of them....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mouldy Banana
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Have they playtested it? You can bet your sweet associated press credentials it has. Eric Lang is kinda known as perfectionist when it comes to these things. Especially RS (it's one of his babies).
Did they have enough time to "perfect" it? Especially if they're using the bunch of players who starred in the mostly panned play through video that punters had to rely on during the kickstarter campaign

BathTubNZ wrote:
Yeah I think people are getting a little ahead of themselves, just an early step in the whole manufacturing process. Probably what the manufacturer needs to start arranging how to get it made.

But Eric's post says the "game files", which to me implies all the game's assets - cards, board, tokens etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
smith2332 wrote:
And yes every kickstarter backer will be pissed as usual that the Gencon people got the base game wayyyy ahead of them....

Not "every" backer. I distinctly did not read any promise from CMON that I would get my copy before anyone else. I am happy with the extras and knowing that this beast will show up on my doorstep at some point I backed it because I wanted the game made and wanted the lovely extras. If that means I wait a bit longer, so be it.

Of course the part you forgot to mention was the subset of people at GenCon that get it before the backers and then complain about the backers getting KS exclusives. That does not get much sympathy from me either. If you want the exclusives, back the campaign and wait for delivery.

Don't get me wrong, if the backers got only the exact same product as the retail version AND have to wait an additional few months to get it, THEN I would have some measure of sympathy. Only a bit since those willing to travel to GenCon to grab their game went through extraordinary measures to get their copy. If you really must have bragging rights to have it first, then go to GenCon to buy it.

All that being typed, if it was a case of one of the few KS that actually promised backers get theirs first and if that promise was broken that would be a valid complaint. Then they would have my sympathy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Pishnery
United States
Lakewood
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick note to say that game files going to a printer today doesn't mean "core boxes" could ship in a month or whatever people are thinking. They will first assess everything, make proofs, which need to be approved, possibly corrected, and re-approved. They have to approve a white box version. Only then would things actually go on press. This is gonna be a huge print run, which could take a couple weeks at least. There is scoring, folding, trimming, assembly, packaging, etc. Not to mention this doesn't include the manufacture of the miniatures or any other plastic elements. Then it all has to go on boats.

That said: I'm hoping sending it now will lead to CMON delivering earlier than projected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Simone [The Quasi Geek Dad]
United States
Redmond
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Be patient. Be happy and thankful they are updating us. Considering I don't even expect to have a copy in my hands until this time next year, I would rather a quality product be finished later than expected than something that was rushed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Johnson
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick! Let's over analyze this! I think Eric was trying to tell us something by starting with a sentence with the letter W and having the ending sentence also start with the letter W.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.