Baseball Highlights: 2045» Forums » Sessions

Subject: A short season and a bunch of stats rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
B Caro
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Baseball is not about spectacular Grand Slams or incredible no-hitters, but about stats cool.

Some months ago I decided to prepare a short BH2045 solo season to check what kind of stats you could get from the game. I used just the base game (4 teams) and the free agents cards.

First I shuffled every team and took the first three cards. The team with more "money" began choosing from the free agents buy row of 12 cards. I did not replace the cards taken. Then the last team choose the first in the second buy round.

I played two rounds of 12 games each. Each team played twice against each other. The first round I managed one of the teams, then I changed in the second round. At the end I played 6 times with every team and the AI 6 times as well.

After the first round I did another buy round, but this time the first team was the last in the standings. At the end of the second round the teams had bought between 4 and 5 free agents each.

I managed to collect mostly offense stats: AB, H, AVG, 1B, 2B, 3B, HR, BB and RBI. I also included some pitching stats: IP, ER, ERA, W, L and BB. However, I got only one defense stat: DP. Next season I will probably consider also PO, for those players having only defense actions. The process of collecting this data as you're playing make the game longer, but the effort is worth it.

I will keep the team as they are now for the next season, introducing in that manner a kind of legacy to BH2045. With more free agents and maybe players from other expansions, the AI will surely become tougher. In this first season I only lost twice. My average is a lot lower than that on the iOS app, for example.

You can get the stats definitions in this page http://m.mlb.com/glossary/standard-stats

Well, these are the main results:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.