Germany
Ladenburg
Baden Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Myladies, Gentlemen,

And welcome to the 24 hour contest May 2017.
The basic rules-/discussion-/subscription thread can be found here.

We still have got supporters!
Standing ovations for

Nizo
msg tools
mbmb

who offered to tip 20 for the winner of a month's contest as long as there are at least 3 submissions per month.

And we've got a microbadge you can buy, if you want to show the world, that you participated in the 24 hour contest:

24 Hour Contest participant

Thanks to

'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

for creating the badge!

As 5 have been tipped to the main thread, we do have a little incentive for you to design a game, this month.
Of course, I know, you folks don't participate here for the money - you do it for the fame and glory!
Yeah ...
Right ...

Anyway,

This month's requirement will be:

Gold

Remember: The requirement is just a requirement - not necessarily a theme! It's up to you, how you involve it in your game!

Happy designing and kind regards,
Kai

p.s.:

In the behaviour rules (see link to basic rules thread above) I've written:
Quote:
Please create a second posting in that thread to present your creation.

Please do present your game along with a short description in a posting. The reason I ask you to do this is simple: Creating geeklist entries becomes easier for me because from time to time copy-n-pasting from PDFs produces unexpected results (such as copying only odd symbols into the clipboard ..)
Thanks a lot

And if you'd like to spread the word of this contest, feel free to tweet about it:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fynn
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmb
This looks fun! I think I'll try it on Saturday-Sunday.

Just a (possible) small error in your post, your tweet says the subject of this week is puns, while the post says the subject is gold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Bettzieche
Germany
Ladenburg
Baden Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jupp .. thanks .. I had the wrong tweet linked ..

It's the proper one, now

Kind regards,
Kai
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odd Hackwelder
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An easier topic than puns, that's for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JK
New Zealand
Katikati
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hackogames wrote:
An easier topic than puns, that's for sure.

But not as easy as puns at the beach, that's foreshore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy O'Neal
United States
Mechanicsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're too punny...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Richards
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Well, I'm starting. Let's see how badly this goes. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Anstey
Wales
Barry
Vale of Glamorgan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in again too. Starting now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Richards
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Here's my entry for the 24 hour contest. I hope I did this right. I have links here, it took less than 24 hours, and it is playable.
It's still a little rough, but I like it and am proud of my results. If I missed something or am doing it wrong, let me know and I will fix it.

GREED FOR GOLD!
Greed for Gold! is a card game designed to be quick and simple enough to play with chidren. You're trying to find as much gold as possible and sell it for the best price so you can be the first one to make $50.

Greed for Gold Rules
Greed for Gold Cards

Note: After sleeping on it, I realize there are some holes in the rules. I will correct these once the contest is over, and will probably spend some more time on graphics and card design, but the game itself will stay the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harper
United Kingdom
Wantage
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Chad. Congratulations on submitting! I just thought I'd confirm that I can access your files, so you can relax on that front!

(You might want to put a brief description of your game into your entry post though.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Anstey
Wales
Barry
Vale of Glamorgan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Periodic

A set‐collecting trick‐taking game for 2 to 5 players with an element of the elements!

The game begins with the players secretly bidding one or more cards for the privilege of selecting the player who will lead to the first trick. The game then consists of six tricks.

On a player's turn they first select one or two cards from a face‐up row of five. They then draw three face‐down cards. From these, they choose the one or two required to replace the face‐up card(s) selected, and keep the remainder, adding them to their hand.

Now the player selects one or more cards to play to the trick. If more than one card is played, they must be a set, either all having the same Group (the number at the top‐left of the card) or all having the same Type (the colour of the card or the text down the right‐hand side).

The winner of a trick is the player who played the most cards. Ties are broken in favour of the player who played the card with the highest Atomic Number. The player who won the trick leads to the next trick.

Scores are calculated by taking the number of cards won in tricks and subtracting the number of cards remaining in hand and the number of cards bid. If players are tied with scores of zero or more, the player with the scoring card having the highest Atomic Number is ranked higher. In the case of tied negative scores, the player having the card with the highest Atomic Number remaining in their hand is ranked lower.

Cards:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxdoGc4NM2uYb3c5b0lPUnZEZ0E...

Rules:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxdoGc4NM2uYU2dVVDJtVm15cGM...

[Edit: I had missed out the first sentence]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martijn van der Lee
Netherlands
Bussum
Noord Holland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Any limits, rules, requirements, etc. with regards to components?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Bettzieche
Germany
Ladenburg
Baden Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Martijn and welcome to the show

To quote my initial posting:

schattentanz wrote:
Myladies, Gentlemen,

And welcome to the 24 hour contest May 2017.
The basic rules-/discussion-/subscription thread can be found here.

When you click on the link, you will find all the rules regarding requirements, limits, etc ..

Kind regards,
Kai
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof Sieja
Poland
flag msg tools
Gold Rush! The Dice Panning Game
An arcade press your luck game for 1+ players of age 6+. Game time: 10 - 20 minutes.

In „Gold Rush! The Dice Panning Game”, your object is to gather gold nuggets out of the river by panning your dices. You have to decide, whether to upgrade your inventory, or to save the gold. The gold prospector with most nuggets after 10 rounds wins!

Gold Rush! - rules https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8kT31nH0p43NjBXT1NOd0FfVX...
Gold Rush! - components https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8kT31nH0p43M2ttMTl3Sml6SW...

Kai, thank you very much for this event. I had many approaches to game design, but this is the first project that I have finished - and it is such a great feeling!

I am rather pleased with the result, especially that I have managed to make an aesthetic components with the free materials find on the web (and I have totally no artistic abilities).

I did not have enough time to test it thorougly, so I suppose that the game might be unbalanced (especially it is possible, that there is some optimal strategy regarding the buying of upgrades) - although each player has the same chances, therefore it is up to them to find the best strategy :)
My best result in test (single player) game was 253, but it should be possible to exceed 300 points (especially in multiplayer game, in which there are possible bonuses).

I am not a native English speaker, so the language might not be perfect - but I believe that the rules are comprehensible.

The picture was taken during the tests :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz Dąbrowski
Poland
Legnica
Dolnośląskie
flag msg tools
Ok. I just started my project. I don't know if 24h is enough for me to finish the project, but at least I'll try to make some dirty prototype. I'm most concerned about clear rule writing (english is not my primary language).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz Dąbrowski
Poland
Legnica
Dolnośląskie
flag msg tools
Imperial Tax Farmer Deluxe
Auction/Worker placement, push your luck game for 3-6 players ages 10+(I think), Game time: up to 2h (no time for extensive testing)

Game inspired by the way Rome collected its taxes. By placing your Agents in Imperial Provinces, try to collect the most and take the seat of Imperial Treasurer by bribing your way to Victory. But be carefull, if you and your tax farming friends, squeeze to much, the provinces will rebel. So be greedy, but don't be too greedy. Player with the most points wis.

Rules, board cards and other elements.
Imperial Tax Farmer Deluxe - Rules - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byt8-x4tcOo3NTdBRVZWRUhaNlE...
Imperial Tax Farmer Deluxe - Board and Elements -https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byt8-x4tcOo3U2VvbmVLNmdCLTA...

All in one folder:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Byt8-x4tcOo3UHJCeTIw...

1. Sorry for my English. It's not my primary language and I have no experience in writing rules in english. So they probably are a little crude (no time for fixes). I have only hope that you can decipher them.
2. This version is very rough. It pains me to present it in this form as an Illustrator and Graphic designer. But the game was a little too big and there was a not enough time for proper graphic design.

I never made a game in such a small amount of time. I kinda proud of myself. I feel this is my best creation yet. Thank you for this contest and your attention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Bettzieche
Germany
Ladenburg
Baden Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Mateusz,

while your entry does look cool, here an excerpt of the rules you seem to have missed:

schattentanz wrote:
Game Format. PDF. While you may write in any program you wish, please make sure upon publishing your work, that you are offering PDF files. A 24 hour game may consist of up to 2 PDF files: One for the rules, and another one for the components (if required).
There is no need to submit your game to the 'Geeks database during the current phase. You may use dropbox, box.com or whatever you like to publish your files during the current phase.

Kind regards,
Kai
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz Dąbrowski
Poland
Legnica
Dolnośląskie
flag msg tools
I'm little tired and totally missed this. Sorry, I'll quickly fix this. InDesign to the rescue.

:Edit:
I Fixed it. I think... One more time, Sorry for the mistake I made. I hope this time it's posted properly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
caktho pokokejos
Indonesia
flag msg tools
hi all,
this is my first publicised game.
Done in around 20 Hrs,
*I need training in writing the rule.
it is playable, and tested (with my best friend).

it is inspired by Euro truck simulator. a trucker who ships for money (not gold, but there is "gold" somewhere in the game).

well, here it is:
Trading Trucker

it's not a PnP though. some component cannot be included in the sheet.
but you can use buttons or coloured paperclips (lot of it) to play the game.

happy playing

*may be a bit unbalanced, not enough time for proper testing (duh).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Gentile
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hey everyone!
Sorry for the delay but my internet wasn't running. Finally back on and have upload my game made in 23 hours!
Inferior Design
Create your clients dream home by collecting high value point cards at a price! The higher your card in value the lower it is in rank. Score more points by hitting the design brief for your client
Components
https://app.box.com/s/309875n7yjn3o12u5yyk3f8ninzudr03

Let me know what you all think!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Bettzieche
Germany
Ladenburg
Baden Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Androziel wrote:
Hey everyone!
Sorry for the delay but my internet wasn't running. Finally back on and have upload my game made in 23 hours!
Inferior Design
Create your clients dream home by collecting high value point cards at a price! The higher your card in value the lower it is in rank. Score more points by hitting the design brief for your client
Components
https://app.box.com/s/309875n7yjn3o12u5yyk3f8ninzudr03

Let me know what you all think!

I think, I see an empty box..??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Gentile
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Sorry about that it was still uploading. Please try now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Lauck
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have an idea, think I will participate at sunday/monday!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martijn van der Lee
Netherlands
Bussum
Noord Holland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm starting my 24 hours... right... now!
(/me runs to the big-box-o-random-components).

I'd like to keep track of progress from time to time. Is it okay if I post messages to this forum from time to time during the 24hours or could I edit this post for such a purpose?

Playtest 1
My first idea quickly ballooned into something impossible to finish in a month, let alone 24 hours (keeping that idea for another time). This is idea number two and actually the second playtest, as the first was just with post-its and whofully incomplete. This one uses the incredible power of Excel for cards (because it can do grids with borders). It's mostly random with a bit of push-your-luck. Hope to push it more towards push-your-luck. So this one is going ahead... right after I wake up; it's nighttime here in the Netherlands

Components
Been working on components for about 4 hours, using HTML/CSS/PHP to make iterating easier. Using [geekurl=https://face.co/]face.co[/geekurl] for images. I'm happy with them, but now comes the process of playtesting and tuning the balance (and figuring out some open ends w/r rules). After that an initial manual and the remainder of the 24 hours for tweaking gameplay and finalizing components. Perhaps adding some more components for variety.

Playtest 2
Playtest with initial components. Some things work some things less so. Balance is too easy and gives some players unfair advantage. Will need to delve into maths for this. Also some rule changes to make the game more competitive. Physically, the components are 90%.
Photo is deliberately vague; don't want to give anything away just yet

More playtesting and "final" components
It's been more than a full day of work, but I'm really happy with how this is turning out. Components are pretty much final (probably) and I think I've done all the playtesting I can stand. Have a rudimentary manual ready to be turned into something nicer with hopefully some pictures to illustrate.

Fini!
I added some last minute components after playtesting; a few extra cards to make the game more varied. Haven't had the time to playtest these extra components, but I'm pretty confident they'll work.
Manual is complete too, so it's up on Google Drive for download:
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B3uZPxL1jqlLQ2pD...

(p.s. I've also posted the "finished" post as required by the rules: here it is!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Bettzieche
Germany
Ladenburg
Baden Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tynes wrote:
nighttime in Netherlands

Sounds like the title of some horror story ..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.