TradeWorlds: Exterra Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Solo play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jamel Rha
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just read in the KS comments that the solo mode is mainly to learn the game. Too bad for me, since I play solo only (or co-op multi-handed).

Hopefully some Stretch goals will be about AI opponents?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul/Jamel,

Just wanted to chime-in, as both the Developer and a member of the Guild. The Derelict Scenario is a great solo experience and based on the community of 1-player members who have asked for more variety of this experience, I've asked Kris to move in that direction, as well.

Cheers,
Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul,

Thanks...now admittedly, I love The Derelict and well before we were actually play-testing it externally, I must have easily clocked over 100 games. It's an intense scenario where you're doing everything you can to bank enough credits to garner the components you need to build Starships, launch them to the Space Lane to protect the Homeworld, and pray they're not destroyed...all the while The Derelict almost inexorably advances towards annihilating your Homeworld...

Anyway, yes...I absolutely want to make the solo experience shine. I really like Eminent Domain (in a way, the deck-builder half-brother of Tiny Epic Galaxy), but lacks a solo experience.

I'm excited by the prospect of carving out this niche for Tradewars!

Cheers,
Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
AnimalMkIV wrote:
Yeah, that comment was a little disheartening for me, too. I do have a game group I can hopefully get this played at, but I do spend a lot of time playing solo and I generally don't buy games that don't have a good solo mode.

I have high hopes that there will be more solo missions added in the coming weeks.

Same here I do hope more will be stretch goals
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in as another one who would like to see an expanded solo player experience. Glad to know that you are looking into it Joe.

The few deck builders that I enjoy playing all seem to have a solo/co-op aspect to them. It is a very nice addition to any game for those of us who might not have a steady play group or can't get out as often as we would like to play with others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a lot of really rich history we can tap into as I've been involved in the game when Kris first mentioned it on BGDF several years ago. I'm excited to develop the main game and craft a great experience for my 1-player guild friends, as well!

Which ones have you found that do it particularly well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Griepentrog
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonFly90 wrote:
AnimalMkIV wrote:
Yeah, that comment was a little [...]
I have high hopes that there will be more solo missions added in the coming weeks.

Same here I do hope more will be stretch goals

For that we have to burst through to these Stretch Goals... the project seems to need some more exposure.. .something all backers can help through the usual ways: twitter, bgg, kicktraq...

BR AveN
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Marcel!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.