Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb

Back on April 29th, we had a 24 Hour boardgame Marathon at a FLGS.
This Extra Life event we did to raise funds for a local Children's Hospital.

At Midnight we had a session of Robinson Crusoe with a twist. We called it Robinson Crusoe "Survivor". All the players had been gaming since 10am that morning, yeah 14 hours straight then we started Robinson.
We had 3 games (12 players total) going. All the games were playing Castaways, and we spread the experienced players out evenly.

The pic above is of me teaching / refreshing folks on the rules. Once everyone was set and about to start we threw in the "Survivor" rule that made this event special.

If at any time you rolled 3 dice and failed on all three, you were kicked off your island to one of the other games. The game you were sent to had to vote someone off their island to send back. Only the player moved, the character stayed with the game. We also ruled that the game owners could only swap with each other...so we had at least one person that knew the rules at each game...and the 3 most experienced players didn't end up at the same game.

This was pretty fun, and of the 12 players I think only 3 folks didn't change teams at all. Some changed teams more than once.

The island I was running started playing it super safe trying not to roll 3 dice, as they wanted to stay on the Island where things were going very well.

Where the Island where things were REALLY bad, had folks rolling 3 dice for everything, wishing to fail and get off that island.

Turns out only the island I was running made it out...thanks to our awesome Carpenter who got us up to three roof levels, and my hunting providing him with the pelts needed for that. Unfortunately our Carpenter botched a roll on turn 8 and got booted to another island.

Was a good time, and got quite a few first timers introduced to Robinson Crusoe.

*** If you are interested in Extra Life, and helping out some local children's hospitals of your own, check the link below. It goes to my fundraising page, but the info is there for other Extra Life events in North America. ***

https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.p...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.