Massive Darkness» Forums » News

Subject: May 4, 2017 KS update rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Spencer S
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Recent update shows the core box, which is slightly bigger than a normal Z'Cide box, being put through the final production stages at the factory.

What I'd like to know, if it's basically printed, why we can't take a look at the final rules book?

Link to update here https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/massive-darkness/p...

Regardless, it's great to see the game coming along. Really happy to play this game in the near future
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimhalo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because the rulebook shown is not the actual final rulebook? Probably still working on it until last minute.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer S
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could be the case, but it would be a waste of time for the factory to wrap up the core boxes with a rulebook inside that isn't final.

But as always we are getting surface level information, which is not a problem, so we are left to speculate.

EDIT: No need to speculate, Rapseflaps comment below unravels the obvious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hughes
Australia
Camden
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just so long as my rulebook this time isn't in French
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Raps
Netherlands
Vlijmen
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rnickster86 wrote:
Because the rulebook shown is not the actual final rulebook? Probably still working on it until last minute.

Not according to the previous update:

Quote:
All print files and all molds for all products in the Massive Darkness line have been signed, sealed, and approved.

If all print files have been signed, sealed and approved, that means there is a final rulebook and that's what they're printing now. Even if they're showing a dummy book on those pictures, we know there has been a digital version of the final rules in existence for at least a month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin Ecker
United States
California
flag msg tools
I would guess they are saving the final rules for a future update closer to release. If I were in their shoes, I would be perfectly happy to leave things pretty quiet for MD until the game was about to hit retail shelves and then crank up the hype machine with final rules, updated gameplay video, online ads, and promo copies sent to prominent game reviewers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer S
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Option01 wrote:
I would guess they are saving the final rules for a future update closer to release. If I were in their shoes, I would be perfectly happy to leave things pretty quiet for MD until the game was about to hit retail shelves and then crank up the hype machine with final rules, updated gameplay video, online ads, and promo copies sent to prominent game reviewers.

This ^^^ seems to be the most logical. And Guillotine Games have a lot going on with the upcoming Zombicide Green Horde KS.

I'm hoping for a hyped up June Update for MD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.