Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
And so it begins...
mb
Apologies in advance for doing my homework of checking previous threads. So:

- Renaissance Man: The mass human decomission on a failed future seens harsh. Can you describe thematically why is that?

- Spacefaring future and Space Elevator. Lets say the Bernal has a dirtside on Hellas Basin and Arsia Mons Caves. If the faction industrializes Phobos and achieves the Space Elevator (making Phobos and Arsia collocated) does this make the total dirtside 10+ for fulfilling the future?

- Poodle Freighter: + 2 TMP the first turn exiting from an S factory. What TMP stands for?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Pytel
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TMP = Thrust Movement Points

I'm not sure about the colocation question. Colocation is not very well-defined in the rulebook (= "Occupying the same space" is all the Glossary gives). I would say that a Bernal in LMO would get any dirtsides on Mars proper plus the one from Phobos. But that would be 9 in your example, not 10.

Can't comment on the Renaissance Man question except to say that many of the futures you need to roll for have tough downsides. I suppose that's a balancing mechanism for being able to achieve them earlier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Caminha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
And so it begins...
mb
Oops! I forgot one of the martian sites have 3 hydration, not 4, my bad.

And thanks for clarifying about TMP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Barker
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
If the two sites are connected by a space elevator, then if the Bernal is adjacent to one of the sites, it is adjacent to the other, so it would benefit from the dirtside hydration of both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob

Tennessee
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't mind me asking, when did you order your copy?

I ordered mine from OSS on April 26th and am eagerly awaiting its arrival.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Caminha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
And so it begins...
mb
Actually, I was a backer from the Kickstarter. Good luck to your order

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Rougier
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wykthor wrote:
- Renaissance Man: The mass human decomission on a failed future seens harsh. Can you describe thematically why is that?

You're creating a synthetic mind, with the risk of creating an uncontrolled singularity. By the nature of a singularity, anticipating the effects of that is pretty much impossible, but "really bad" is a good start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Caminha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
And so it begins...
mb
Ah gotchal, I understand now, Dom. Thanks!

I forgot to ask about the new Supreme Leader Future. The card says if it is decomissioned, bust the future. But doesnt this make a loophole for a leading player to intentionally decomission the card (e.g PRC faction) just to end the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Rougier
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
SUPREME CULT LEADER FUTURE: (*) if
win an election in peacetime with more
ballot box icons (not counting WT) than
anyone else. Bust the (*) if this card is
decommissioned.

You bust the same future you created by winning the election auction, so all you are doing is losing points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Caminha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
And so it begins...
mb
Aahh I didnt understand you HAVE to achieve the future first in order to bust it. My bad. Thanks! Now it makes sense

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Rougier
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thematically, the leader has to rise to power before you can kill him
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Schifano

St. Paul
msg tools
mbmbmb
wykthor wrote:
Aahh I didnt understand you HAVE to achieve the future first in order to bust it. My bad. Thanks! Now it makes sense

It mostly creates an incentive for the other human powers to push things to a state of War and hunt that guy down. Seems accurate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Caminha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
And so it begins...
mb
Wouldnt be fun in a 4 or 5 player game one faction begins the Footfall whike the other manages to get the Supreme Cult Leader?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Rougier
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since they've existed, the Futures have done a really good job of making the game's narrative feel complete - ending the game with factories is fine (and makes for tight, competitive games), but you do feel like you've just gotten started.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Schifano

St. Paul
msg tools
mbmbmb
wykthor wrote:
Wouldnt be fun in a 4 or 5 player game one faction begins the Footfall whike the other manages to get the Supreme Cult Leader?

The Supreme Cult Leader now leads what is left of the Human species. Kinda weird that another faction would aid that, but maybe its a way to gain favor with the Cult Leader. Lots of war either way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Schifano

St. Paul
msg tools
mbmbmb
Domfluff wrote:
Since they've existed, the Futures have done a really good job of making the game's narrative feel complete - ending the game with factories is fine (and makes for tight, competitive games), but you do feel like you've just gotten started.

I view factory victory as a great way to teach new modules. Quick enough that mistakes are learned for the 'real' game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Rougier
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sir_schwick wrote:
I view factory victory as a great way to teach new modules. Quick enough that mistakes are learned for the 'real' game.

Oh, I often prefer it, and I suspect that if one were to play High Frontier as a tournament game, then you would only play with the Support module.

Regardless of that, High Frontier without Futures has always felt like it ends too soon - and Futures solve that problem well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.