Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Waterman
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone come up with a variant points system to change this from a fun one-off activity to a several round game? I'm wondering if something like the point systems for SpyFall or Apples to Apples might work?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mirko Bonelli
Italy
Milan
Italy
flag msg tools
The game has good ideas but also some problems regarding the fact that if the word isn't guessed right, everybody lose (commons and insider) with no distinctions at all.

The Insider can play a stealth game, leaving key questions and guessing process itself to everybody else and really playing in the last phase, trying to disguise his/her identity.

I've not invested so much time in time, so take it as a fast simple idea of scoring:

- 3 points to Commons if they guess the word and they find who is the insider;
- 3 points to the Insider if the word is guessed correctly and he/she remain undercover;
- 1 point to everybody except the Insider if the word isn't guessed;

I've found out also that the time given by the hourglass is too much, it can be easily halved.

Last but not least, I don't like guessing games were every player has infinite shots. In this game particularly, where every question is so important to find out who is the Insider. Maybe a fixed number of question for every player can give the game that sort of tension that you can find in other bluff games like Spyfall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.