Subject: We have a new World Champion! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is the end; hold your breath and count to ten; feel the earth move and then; hear my heart burst again
badge
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Tennyson
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats to Mick Cipra, now a TWO-TIME SW:LCG World Champion! And also to Andy Hornby for the exhilarating run that took him into the finals! What an awesome day. Big thanks to FFG, The Shadow Archive, Ion Control, and others who provided such excellent coverage of the event! May the Fourth be With You!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Grutz
Serbia
Belgrade
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't sell the man short Drew. For those who don't know, he won the World Championship running... EWOKS!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is the end; hold your breath and count to ten; feel the earth move and then; hear my heart burst again
badge
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Tennyson
mbmbmbmbmb
Partizan242 wrote:
Don't sell the man short Drew. For those who don't know, he won the World Championship running... EWOKS!

Haha, yep! Turns out the little furballs have some fight in them! (They're also great targets for Spark of Rebellion.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! Are the finalists' deck lists available? I've been meaning to try an Ewoks deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthEd wrote:
Cool! Are the finalists' deck lists available? I've been meaning to try an Ewoks deck.

So it wasn't really an Ewok deck. It was a Spark deck with some Ewoks in it. The decklists should be up very soon, and I can post them when they are. But I know the following sets were in there, probably all of them 2x:

May the Force Be With You
Spark of Rebellion
The Last Warrior
Haunting the Empire
Sacrifice at Endor

For Dark Side he was running a Force Hunters deck with some Creatures thrown in. I remember seeing the following, but not sure about the distribution:

Dark Lord of the Sith
The Emperor's Web
Hunters of the Jedi
Hunter for Hire
Power of the Dark Side
The Killing Cold
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are the decklists for the Top 16, courtesy of The Shadow Archive:

https://theshadowarchive.net/worlds-2017-decklists/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.