Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Madding
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would some post the exact size of the tiles?
I would like to make a set and wanted it to match.
Thanks for the help.
Chad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Re:Would some post the exact size of the tiles?
I've misplaced my micrometer, so I can't give you exacting dimensions , but the tiles are 2" x 2" x 1/16". At least by my reckoning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dude, the game is so bloody cheap and almost universally available, why bother making one?
???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Robrob (#28951),

I don't think the original poster is interested in making a copy of Carcassonne, but rather making tiles with different tile-fronts that would match with the set (i.e. Fan-designed tiles). With the proper dimensions, the would match to the rest of the game on the play area, and would be more or less indistinguishable from the "regular" tiles in a draw-bag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Smailus
United States
Sammamish
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Given even that:

Does he not already HAVE a copy of the game? If so - measure the tiles you HAVE!

Also, its usually way better to just BUY A COMPLETE GAME or EXPANSION (again, given the low costs) and then use the home-made, printed on lable paper, custom fronts and stick them onto the pile of tiles you get in the 2nd game.

Plus, then you have a new set of wooden parts you can modify for such things as keeping track of the size of longest road or largest city (for the King/Robberbaron expansion), and other fun things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.