Subject: Mythos Pack Availability??? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it me or does it seem quite difficult to get a hold of the currently available Mythos Packs? They seem to always be Out of Stock on every site I check every time I check which is like once a week. Where's the most reliable vendor to snatch them? I really hope all cycles are not going to be like this...otherwise it will be excruciating.

We can't progress through DL until we haz packs!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Horsie Palamino
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually buy the game from my local brick and mortar store. I ask them to reserve me a copy a week or two before the pack releases. For Online stores, you'll most likely need to do preorders, unless you buy them straight from FFG. Small expansions from FFGs card games go out of stock fairly quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here. Move along.
badge
Rules? I gotta read RULES‽
mbmbmbmbmb
It's ALWAYS like this with LCGs. First they underestimate demand, then they quickly order a steady stream of reprints while adjusting numbers. About a cycle in they'll have a good grasp of demand and keep it mostly in stock.

This is how pretty much all new product releases are for any category

I live in a third world nation, distribution-wise. I didn't even find the standalone expansions on the shelves until yesterday. The people at the store said to expect 2-3 months for anything Paizo or Asmodee. At least distributors know where to send dtuff in the US, a nice benefit of also being the publisher. No such luck here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gnurf wrote:
It's ALWAYS like this with LCGs. First they underestimate demand, then they quickly order a steady stream of reprints while adjusting numbers. About a cycle in they'll have a good grasp of demand and keep it mostly in stock.

It's exacerbated I think with the cooperative games because of the storyline aspect. There's a real pressure to acquire expansions in an A, B, C order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam S.
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I signed up for the Team Covenant subscription. Auto-ship each month. Winds up costing a few bucks extra with shipping, but I generally get the mythos pack at my home 2 days after release. I don't need to remember to pre-order from another online shop, or hope that my FLGS gets enough in.

I've gotten a couple of mythos packs so far from them and have been very happy with the service and timing.

https://teamcovenant.com/product/covenant-subscriptions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Coley
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robrob wrote:
gnurf wrote:

It's exacerbated I think with the cooperative games because of the storyline aspect. There's a real pressure to acquire expansions in an A, B, C order.
Not to mention I bet there is a higher demand for expansion a, then b, and b, than c, as the player base falls off a bit the further it goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Barker
United States
Cana
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yea, same here. I had Dunwich and mythos packs on wish lists all over the Internet until I finally got caught up. Now, I'm also using Covenant Subscriptions and have high hopes that I won't have this trouble in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the tips everyone; I didn't know about Covenant so that is good to know.

I actually found one local FLGS had a boatload delivered just last week...so I was able to secure everything released thus far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Plant
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're willing to drive to DC, there's a store on Capitol Hill called Labyrinth games and puzzles that has all 5 of the available mythos packs (i was there last Friday).
Also they sell them for msrp which is better than another local store which over charged for them last time i was there, and that store only had one pack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S A
msg tools
mbmb
Also had a hard time finding them online, but managed to snag a copy of the latest one because I signed up for the Miniature Market restock alerts.

Randomly walked into my FLGS yesterday and all the expansions were available, with several copies of each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
morbid237 wrote:
If you're willing to drive to DC, there's a store on Capitol Hill called Labyrinth games and puzzles that has all 5 of the available mythos packs (i was there last Friday).
Also they sell them for msrp which is better than another local store which over charged for them last time i was there, and that store only had one pack.

Sweet...I've been meaning to check that store out...I just don't head down there that much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mohnkern
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Palamino wrote:
I actually buy the game from my local brick and mortar store. I ask them to reserve me a copy a week or two before the pack releases. For Online stores, you'll most likely need to do preorders, unless you buy them straight from FFG. Small expansions from FFGs card games go out of stock fairly quickly.

With the exception of Dunwich horror, all the small packs I've picked up at my FLGS as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mohnkern
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
morbid237 wrote:

Also in the DC metro area, Play More Game Store in Gaithersburg, MD, had (lass time I was there, last week) several expansion packs, and could put stuff on order and get it in fairly quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.