Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Massive Darkness» Forums » General

Subject: New character class sheet rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastien Langis
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Has anyone noticed that the new character class sheet presented in the image of the update 65 is different from what was presented earlier?

My observations (The title seems to be "battle wizard"):
- There are 6 skill lines rather than 8.
- Remaining skill levels have changed.
- The signature move is not listed with the others. I think it is written in the upper left section.
- Mystery word in the upper right section. Probably the favourite attack type, needed for the new shadow mode rules.

The good think, a rewriting of classes may mean that the classes will be more different from each other. I hope signature moves will be unique, as promised.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Raps
Netherlands
Vlijmen
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you also notice the class sheets are now referred to as Clan Sheets?

Pretty cool, I think.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin Ecker
United States
California
flag msg tools
Rapseflaps wrote:
Did you also notice the class sheets are now referred to as Clan Sheets?

Pretty cool, I think.


I noticed that too but figured it was a typo.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin Ecker
United States
California
flag msg tools
seblangis wrote:
Has anyone noticed that the new character class sheet presented in the image of the update 65 is different from what was presented earlier?

My observations (The title seems to be "battle wizard"):
- There are 6 skill lines rather than 8.
- Remaining skill levels have changed.
- The signature move is not listed with the others. I think it is written in the upper left section.
- Mystery word in the upper right section. Probably the favourite attack type, needed for the new shadow mode rules.

The good think, a rewriting of classes may mean that the classes will be more different from each other. I hope signature moves will be unique, as promised.


Good catch! I do recall that originally many of the skill upgrades were repeated among many of the classes. Even if the skill upgrades are still mostly just stat boosts, maybe reducing the number of skills per class will help differentiate the classes from each other better as they won't share so many of the same skills.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thilo M.
Germany
Wiesbaden
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
seblangis wrote:
Has anyone noticed that the new character class sheet presented in the image of the update 65 is different from what was presented earlier?

My observations (The title seems to be "battle wizard"):
- There are 6 skill lines rather than 8.
- Remaining skill levels have changed.
- The signature move is not listed with the others. I think it is written in the upper left section.
- Mystery word in the upper right section. Probably the favourite attack type, needed for the new shadow mode rules.

The good think, a rewriting of classes may mean that the classes will be more different from each other. I hope signature moves will be unique, as promised.


Whoa, chapeau!!! Actually this reminds me of my (innocent) teenage years in the 80s when we used mail order catalogs with photos of women in underwear to get a grasp of female anatomy....
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems weird they would change much around considering they said the game was "90% complete" when the KS was going on. I hope I am wrong though. I would LOVE more unique abilities per class.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thiago k
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
deathleech wrote:
It seems weird they would change much around considering they said the game was "90% complete" when the KS was going on. I hope I am wrong though. I would LOVE more unique abilities per class.


Well, I cant even see the shadow mode tokens in the punchboards .

They had plenty of time to refine the game, hope for some cool changes.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin Ecker
United States
California
flag msg tools
kraisto wrote:
deathleech wrote:
It seems weird they would change much around considering they said the game was "90% complete" when the KS was going on. I hope I am wrong though. I would LOVE more unique abilities per class.


Well, I cant even see the shadow mode tokens in the punchboards .

They had plenty of time to refine the game, hope for some cool changes.


I noticed that too but there is about half of one punchboard that is not shown in any of the pics (covered by the first punchboard)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, and who knows if it just wasn't shown? We don't see ANY minis or character dashboards in the pictures
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Raps
Netherlands
Vlijmen
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume any and all changes were made to improve the game.

So I'm all for it. This looked great at the start of the KS, so I can't wait to see what we end up with!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Raps
Netherlands
Vlijmen
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rapseflaps wrote:
Did you also notice the class sheets are now referred to as Clan Sheets?

Pretty cool, I think.


Aooarently, the character cards still mention Classes. Hmmm.



^ Picture taken at CMON Expo. First posted here.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin Ecker
United States
California
flag msg tools
Rapseflaps wrote:
Rapseflaps wrote:
Did you also notice the class sheets are now referred to as Clan Sheets?

Pretty cool, I think.


Aooarently, the character cards still mention Classes. Hmmm.



^ Picture taken at CMON Expo. First posted here.


Yeah, I'm pretty sure the reference to "Clans" in the update was a typo.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thiago k
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
https://www.instagram.com/jeffreyborne/?hl=en
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian

Minnesota
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's some great pictures of the board and class sheet:

https://twitter.com/WatchItPlayed/status/863898700694904833/...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.