Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
Invicta
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I wish game companies would proofread their stuff better. How did they not spot the missing 'n' on the box cover?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
myrmex wrote:
Yeah, I wish game companies would proofread their stuff better. How did they not spot the missing 'n' on the box cover?

It's not a typo; he made this under a pseudonym!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfy Burger
Mali
Bamako
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
myrmex wrote:

It's not a typo; he made this under a pseudonym!

But close enough so we would know it's him. A discret narcissist, then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
badge
I love the pipe tobacco scratch-and-sniff box cover the most.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There isn't a pipe in the artwork, so I think its a poor counterfeit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jumbit
China
Zhejiang
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
myrmex wrote:

Proofreading better? Huh? It isn't proofread at all. If proofreaders were employed, there wouldn't be so many errors. This is why I don't buy new wargames. You just know that 12 months later there will be a sheaf of "errata" mostly dealing with issues anyone pulling the game out of the box will have encountered on the first playthrough, and the "living rules" i.e. our "customers proofread our rules for free so why the hell should we pay for proofreaders" will have had three major revisions and four minor revisions and maybe v3.4 will be playable. Maybe.

It's not like English majors are hard to find these days. There is a glut of them on the market and they work cheap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Bohne
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jumbit wrote:
It's not like English majors are hard to find these days. There is a glut of them on the market and they work cheap.

Yet they still want to get paid. I guess that's the problem in a nutshell...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfy Burger
Mali
Bamako
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jumbit wrote:
myrmex wrote:

Proofreading better? Huh? It isn't proofread at all. If proofreaders were employed, there wouldn't be so many errors. This is why I don't buy new wargames. You just know that 12 months later there will be a sheaf of "errata" mostly dealing with issues anyone pulling the game out of the box will have encountered on the first playthrough, and the "living rules" i.e. our "customers proofread our rules for free so why the hell should we pay for proofreaders" will have had three major revisions and four minor revisions and maybe v3.4 will be playable. Maybe.

Errr... whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
junkers doll
msg tools
The game description wrote:
an ancient spell of great power was cast by one unable to control it. By daybreak all of the castles were destroyed, their walls and towers torn apart, twisted together and scattered across the land.
That would explain why no-one can ever deliver the damn mail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.