Eldritch Horror» Forums » Rules

Subject: Reckoning Effects rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan Hunter
United Kingdom
Horsham
flag msg tools
My lead Investigator acquired cards with Reckoning Effects on when performing the Ancient One sheet and the Mythos cards in play, does he have to do them when he gets to the Possessoins and Conditions part of the Mythos card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Santos
Portugal
Amadora
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, bad things happens to good people...

Edit: But sometimes they don't! See page 9 on the reference book, if na investigator gains a componente while resolving a reckoning effect they do not resolve the reckoning effect on that component

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No. You do not perform the Reckoning effects on these newly-acquired cards during the Reckoning resolution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reckoning: If a monster is spawned or an investigator gains a
component while investigators are resolving Reckoning effects, do not
resolve the Reckoning effect on the new monster or component.

From UH's game aid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Hunter
United Kingdom
Horsham
flag msg tools
As i said i did receive these 2 cards while doing the Mythos card prior to doing the Reckoning Effects Possessoins and Conditions part of the Mythos card so does that apply?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, sorry. Misread that. Yes. Then you would have to resolve them/suffer their effects in Reckoning. Sorry.

If they were acquired while resolving the Reckoning effect itself from the GOO, then no, you do not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Hunter
United Kingdom
Horsham
flag msg tools
Yes i got one from the Ancient One sheet and one from a
Mythos Rumour card in play so both were received before i reached the Reckoning Effects part.
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Santos
Portugal
Amadora
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alboy01 wrote:
Mythos Rumour card in play so both were received before i reached the Reckoning Effects part.
Thanks

Ops, yes, in this case worse things happen to good people...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xelto G
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And occasionally the opposite. If you spawn a wraith early in the mythos (for instance, you're playing against Shub-Niggurath), you can see if you lose the curse that comes with it during the investigator portion of the reckoning phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Aristides
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alboy01 wrote:
Thanks

Any monsters or components that come into play during the Reckoning (i.e. a condition you get as part of the reckoning effect of a rumour mythos card, or the reckoning effect of the AOO) don't trigger in the "Conditions and Possessions" part of the reckoning.

If something comes into play before you start doing the reckoning (i.e. when the omen moves as part a yellow mythos card) then it will trigger on the reckoning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Aristides
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alboy01 wrote:
My lead Investigator acquired cards with Reckoning Effects on when performing the Ancient One sheet and the Mythos cards in play, does he have to do them when he gets to the Possessoins and Conditions part of the Mythos card.

You meant when performing the Reckoning effect on the AOO sheet and the Mythos card in play. So no, they don't trigger.

The "Resolve reckoning effects" is a whole phase, even though you resolve reckoning effects in order (monsters, AOO, mythos, posessions and conditions).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amos Boris
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I played this right, just wanted to see what others thought. In a game yesterday our first mythos card drawn was the one that reshuffles the mythos deck and then draw another mythos card. Both mythos cards were yellow and had reckonings. I am assuming that conditions obtained during the first reckoning have to be rolled for in the second reckoning.

This game was interesting because we won against Ithiqua. We were down to 3 on the doom track when we solved the last mystery. Reshuffling the mythos deck resulted in not having to deal with either rumor in the deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.