Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Terence Burnett
Wales
Cardiff
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to be a negative Nancy but surely the December fulfilment is going to be nowhere near.

Full disclosure I'm going to back this most probably, I'm just waiting on confirmation of box size, I'll back the wooden version purely for shelf saving space.

I mention this in context with Roxleys Brass KS, which seems to have final art and rules ready to go. Their shipment is due around January.
I backed the Santorini KS and it went well.

BtI is Tabula's first KS I believe, maybe it's just part of the norm to expect delays. The board size and final art are yet to be finalised on both the wooden and iron pledge levels and rather than rush to deliver its better to take he time needed.

I do think this game is fully deserved of KS and not like some others which are just a pre order for the bigger company's out there.

I'd rather see these projects state a longer time frame to deliver and potentially ship earlier than the other way round.

Anyway I hope that they can prove me wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tabula Games
msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Terence,

I totally understand your doubts, and I hope that we will prove you wrong

Barbarians: The Invasion is our second Kickstarter (the first one being Jewels, a card game), and although it's a totally different kind of game, we already had the chance to get accustomed with the various aspects and phases of development and production. Said so, several members of our team had previous experience in the board games and video games industries, so we are not complete novices.

We are still finalizing things, that's true. However we are quite confident that resizing the game won't take much time (actually, if everything goes according to plan, by the end of this week we will have that nailed down).

By the way thanks for the interest in our game

Francesco
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Penny
Australia
Greenslopes
Queensland
flag msg tools
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather, who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even if they don't fulfil by December, It's not like they'll be the first not to do so.

Every kickstarter fulfilment date should be taken with a grain of salt. Realistically you want to be adding 3-4 months to not be disappointed. If it turns up earlier, awesome but this is the exception, not the norm.

That said though. I'd love it if the December release date was accurate, it would make an awesome Christmas present to myself
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Burnett
Wales
Cardiff
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CowStriker wrote:
Even if they don't fulfil by December, It's not like they'll be the first not to do so.

Every kickstarter fulfilment date should be taken with a grain of salt. Realistically you want to be adding 3-4 months to not be disappointed. If it turns up earlier, awesome but this is the exception, not the norm.

That said though. I'd love it if the December release date was accurate, it would make an awesome Christmas present to myself

I totally get that, maybe it's a psychological thing that backers like to see earlier dates, I don't know.

I would still back this on a 12 month timeframe, May 2018 so I just don't get it. I can recall every KS that I've backed that has delivered on time or sooner. Granted that's not many but going forward I always have faith in those designers and will seriously consider any future products from them.
In the long run I think it benifits the company's faith with their consumers.

I'm looking forward to backing it and prepared for any delays. I'm not picking on Tabula games as this is perfectly normal I just thought I'd spark a conversation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tabula Games
msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Winter vacation is most certainly our goal, a goal that we intend to respect.
Yesterday morning we also had a chat with our manufacturers, and everything is on track for the KS copies of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Given the shipping backlogs that time of the year, I won't be upset if I don't see it until Jan or Feb.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.