3 Posts

V-Commandos» Forums » General

Subject: Questions About Difficulty rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Hessling
msg tools
mbmb
Let me first say that I love the idea of this game. I love the theme. I love the components. I love the idea of sneaking around behind enemy lines in WWII. However, I am having some problems with the difficulty of the game.

I completed the training scenarios without a problem, and I really enjoyed them. But then I started playing the game. After several tries I found that 1) I would inevitably alert the guards, 2) the map would fill up with Germans, and 3) all my commandos would die.

I have a few questions:
1) If I'm reasonably competent at the game, what kind of success rate can I expect? I know that it depends on the scenario, but should you expect to fail often at this game?
2) Are there any guides for effective play strategies? Did it take you awhile to get better at this game?
3) Has anyone created rules to make the game a bit easier if you're having problems?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Labarque
Belgium
Kortrijk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrBobH wrote:
Let me first say that I love the idea of this game. I love the theme. I love the components. I love the idea of sneaking around behind enemy lines in WWII. However, I am having some problems with the difficulty of the game.

I completed the training scenarios without a problem, and I really enjoyed them. But then I started playing the game. After several tries I found that 1) I would inevitably alert the guards, 2) the map would fill up with Germans, and 3) all my commandos would die.

I have a few questions:
1) If I'm reasonably competent at the game, what kind of success rate can I expect? I know that it depends on the scenario, but should you expect to fail often at this game?
2) Are there any guides for effective play strategies? Did it take you awhile to get better at this game?
3) Has anyone created rules to make the game a bit easier if you're having problems?

Thanks!

We felt the game is quite easy when playing with the 2 commandos with silenced sten guns. You roll 2 dice when shooting, stay hidden and don't trigger the alarm. So far we played the first 3 scenarios with relative ease.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.