Subject: Custom Hero: Bayonetta (early stages, maybe OP?) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rusty Perry
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone! This is my first time creating a hero. This is based of the video game character, Bayonetta. This deck is meant to be a damage dealing deck. In the video games, Bayonetta can wield weapons in her hands and on her feet. I tried to do that with her cards too. She can also summon demons in the games as well.

I think this hero may become too powerful. I am still in the early stages of creating this character but I wanted some feedback and if someone maybe had any ways to make it better.

My thought was for her to only be able to have 2 weapons at a time (1 in the hands, 1 on the feet) and for her to only be able to have 1 demon at a time. Pretty much, she would focus on damage dealing almost exclusively.

Bayonetta
30 HP (too much?)
Power: Scarborough Fair: Bayonetta deals 1 target 2 projectile damage.

Incap Abilities:
-Deal 1 Target 1 infernal damage
-Destroy an Environment Card
-One Player may play a card (Might change this to draw)

-------------------------------------------------------------
--Weapons-- (x7)
Lt. Col. Kilgore (x1)(Its a rocket launcher)
-Weapon, Hands, Equipment)
-Put all other "Hands" cards back into your hand.
-Power: Bayonetta deals up to 3 targets 2 projectile damage each.

Durga (x1) (Claws made of fire and lighting)
-Power: Bayonetta deals 1 target 2 Fire or 2 Lightning damage.

Alruna (x1) (A Whip)
-Weapon, Hands, Equipment
-Put all other Hands card back into your hand.
-Power: Bayonetta deals 1 Target 1 Melee damage. If a target is dealt
damage this way, reduce damage dealt by that target by 1.

Rodin (x1) (A weapon that can turn into other weapons)
-Weapon, Feet, Equipment
-Put all other feet cards back into your hand.
-Power: Bayonetta deals 1 target 2 damage of a type of your choice.

Odette (x1) (Ice Skates)
-Weapon, Feet, Equipment
-Power: Bayonetta deals 1 target 2 cold damage.

Onyx Rose (x1) (Shot guns)
-Weapon, Feet, Equipment
-Put all other feet cards back into your hand
-Power: Bayonetta deals 2 targets 1 projectile damage each.

Umbran Armor (x1) (A robot suit)
-Weapon, Equipment
-At the end of your turn, Bayonetta may deal herself 2 Psychic damage. If she does not take damage this way, destroy this card.
-Power: Bayonetta deals 1 target 3 energy damage.

----------------------------------------------------------------
--Evil Beast (x6)
Gomorrah 5HP (x1)
-Evil Beast
-When this card enters play, destroy all other Evil Beast cards.
-At the start of your turn, Gomorrah deals the non-hero target with the lowest hit points 1 melee damage.

Hekatoncheir 5HP (x1)
-Evil Beast
-At the start of your turn, this card deals the villain target with the lowest HP 1 melee damage. That target deals the villain target with the highest HP 1 melee damage.

Phantasmaraneae 5HP (x1)
-Evil Beast
-At the start of your turn, deal each environment target 2 fire damage

Madama Butterfly 10HP (x1)
-Evil Beast
-When this card enters play, destroy all other Evil Beast cards
-At the start of your turn, this card deals the villain target with the highest HP 2 Melee damage.

Malphas 10HP (x1)
-Evil Beast
-When this card enters play, destroy all other Evil Beast cards
-At the start of your turn this card deals each non-hero target 1 sonic damage and discard the top card of the environment deck.

Scolopendra 5HP (x1)
-Evil Beast
-Redirect damage dealt to Bayonetta to this card.
-Power: This card deals one target 2 Melee damage. Reduce damage dealt by that target by 1 until the start of your next turn.

-----------------------------------------------------------
-- One Shots (x19)

Massive Combo (x2)
-One Shot
-Bayonetta deals 1 target 3 Projectile Damage.
-Bayonetta deals a second target 2 Projectile Damage.
-Bayonetta deals a third target 1 Projectile Damage.

Demon Rebirth (x1)
-One Shot
-Destroy 2 of your equipment cards to search your deck or trash for a demon card and put it into play.

Wicked Weave (x2)
-One Shot
-Bayonetta deals 1 target 2 Melee damage

Torture Attack (x2)
-One Shot
-Destroy 1 target with 2 or fewer HP.

Stiletto (x3)
-One Shot
-Bayonetta deals 1 target 3 melee Damage

The Gates of Hell (x3)
-One Shot
-Search your deck or trash for a weapon card and put it into your hand. If you searched your deck, Shuffle it.

Bullet Climax (x3)
-One Shot
-Bayonetta deals up to 5 targets 1 Projectile damage each.

Contract from Below (x3)
-One Shot
-Bayonetta deals herself 2 infernal damage
-Search your deck for a Demon card and put it into play.

----------------------------------------------
--Ongoings (x8)
Infernal Climax (x2)
-Ongoing, Limited
-Increase Damage dealt by Bayonetta and Demons by 1.

Weapons Expert (x2)
-Ongoing, Limited
-At the end of your turn, you may use a power.

Witch Time (x2)
-Ongoing, Limited
-If Bayonetta were to take damage, Prevent that damage. Reduce damage dealt by that target by 2 until the start of your next turn.
-Destroy this card at the start of your turn.

Taunt (x2)
-Ongoing
-Redirect all damage dealt by villain and environment cards to Bayonetta.
-At the start of your turn, Destroy this card.

Edits:
-Changed Demon to Evil Beast
-Changed the power on Scolopendra
-Changed the Umbran Armor card. Now Bayonetta must deal herself damage in order to keep it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seamus Butler
Ireland
flag msg tools
mb
cryosneasel wrote:
Bayonetta
30 HP (too much?)
Power: Scarborough Fair: Bayonetta deals 1 target 2 projectile damage.

--Weapons-- (x7)
Lt. Col. Kilgore (x1)(It’s a rocket launcher)
-Power: Bayonetta deals up to 3 targets 2 projectile damage each.

Durga (x1) (Claws made of fire and lighting)
-Power: Bayonetta deals 1 target 2 Fire or 2 Lightning damage.

Alruna (x1) (A Whip)
-Weapon, Hands, Equipment
-Put all other Hands card back into your hand.
-Power: Bayonetta deals 1 Target 1 Melee damage. If a target is dealt
damage this way, reduce damage dealt by that target by 1.

-Weapon, Feet, Equipment
-Power: Bayonetta deals 1 target 2 damage of a type of your choice.

Odette (x1) (Ice Skates)
-Weapon, Feet, Equipment
-Power: Bayonetta deals 1 target 2 cold damage.

-Weapon, Feet, Equipment
-Power: Bayonetta deals 2 targets 1 projectile damage each.

Umbran Armor 15HP (x1) (A robot suit)
-Weapon, Equipment
-Return all other weapon cards to your hand.
-Weapon Cards cannot be played
-Power: Bayonetta deals 1 target 3 energy damage.

First off I’m not sure why you have so many weapons. Mostly they do the same thing as her base power so you probably want to rethink Durga, Rodin, Odette and Onyx Rose.
Umbran armour on the other should have it’s HP dropped otherwise it’s a bit too powerful yes you’ll need that with Taunt but it’s still 15 extra HP with 3 other cards to bring it back, for choice you’ll almost always be wanting this card over any of the other weapons.
For similar playing look at Mr Fixer and how he works and the way his tools and styles are all different.

Quote:
--Demons (x6)
Gomorrah 10HP (x1)
-Demon
-When this card enters play, destroy all other demon cards.
-At the start of your turn, Gomorrah deals the non-hero target with the lowest hit points 1 melee damage.

Hekatoncheir 15HP (x1)
-Demon
-At the start of your turn, this card deals the villain target with the lowest HP 1 melee damage. That target deals the villain target with the highest HP 1 melee damage.

Phantasmaraneae 10HP (x1)
-Demon
-At the start of your turn, deal each environment target 2 fire damage

Madama Butterfly 20HP (x1)
-Demon
-When this card enters play, destroy all other demon cards
-At the start of your turn, this card deals the villain target with the highest HP 2 Melee damage.

Malphas 10HP (x1)
-Demon
-When this card enters play, destroy all other demon cards
-At the start of your turn this card deals each non-hero target 1 sonic damage and discard the top card of the environment deck.

Scolopendra 5HP (x1)
-Demon
-Power: Power: This card deals one target 2 Melee damage. A target dealt damage this way cannot attack until the start of your next turn.

Again too much HP on these guys, best to look at Unity for similar and I think the highest HP golem she has is 10 HP.
Also Apostate has cards that use the Demon keyword so if you put one of your demons into play you’d have to blow up all his demons too.
Wording on Scolopendra
Power: Scolopendra deals one target 2 Melee damage, a target dealt damage this way cannot deal damage until the start of your next turn.
As targets do not attack.
Also that extremely powerful, you can effectively shut down a villain’s damage output permanently at the cost of one power a turn. And for villain’s with no other targets in their deck that’s game over. Either have the card destroy itself or make it cost a lot more to keep it up.

Quote:
Demon Rebirth (x1)
-One Shot
-Destroy 2 of your equipment cards to search your deck or trash for a demon card and put it into play.

I’m not sure blowing up two equipment cards to pull one demon is ever going to be worth it, especially as for choice you’ll be wanting Umbran Armour up so you won’t have two equipment cards in play.

Quote:
Contract from Below (x3)
-One Shot
-Bayonetta deals herself 2 infernal damage
-Search your deck for a Demon card and put it into play.

This is a much better choice of card for the Demon summoning and it’s much cheaper to use.

Quote:
Witch Time (x2)
-Ongoing, Limited
-If Bayonetta were to take damage, Prevent that damage. Reduce damage dealt by that target by 2 until the start of your next turn.
-Destroy this card at the start of your turn.

Wording
When Bayonetta takes damage, prevent that damage then reduce damage dealt by that target by 2 until the start of your next turn.

Different to most reactive damage cards. I think reducing the damage by two might be a bit much but that’s something for playtesting to decide.

While I’m not familiar with the source material she looks interesting and while a few of her cards are individually quite powerful I don’t think the deck as a whole is OP but again playtesting might be needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hunter
New Zealand
flag msg tools
I'd say the card by themselves fit Bayonetta the character, more or less, but I wouldn't say the framework they are in means much for Sentinels. Biggest offender would be the weapons.

Bayonetta can have guns in her arms, and her legs, that's one of her things. Fine, but does that really matter for the character as written? As they are ALL powers, and there's usually not much point having more than one power out (as you can only use one a turn anyway), you're unlikely to have 2 weapons out, which is when feet/hands matters. Also, as mentioned the individual cards aren't that different. Kilgore is better than everything else, with the possible exception of Alruna, so once you have that who cares?

I don't mean to be harsh, but you need to think about how it might play as a deck, what roles these cards have. For example, if the innate power was "Use a power on a hand card, use a power on a Feet card" then all of a sudden this means something. You have a reason to get multiple weapons out. The weapons probably also need to be somewhat different to eachother to make that decision meaningful (as suggested above, think of Mister Fixer - he has two "slots" for his gear, and they all play quite differently). The feet are currently 1 x 2 damage, 1 x 2 damage, 2 x 1 damage, nothing that exciting in the choice there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty Perry
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I don't mean to be harsh, but you need to think about how it might play as a deck, what roles these cards have. For example, if the innate power was "Use a power on a hand card, use a power on a Feet card" then all of a sudden this means something. You have a reason to get multiple weapons out. The weapons probably also need to be somewhat different to eachother to make that decision meaningful (as suggested above, think of Mister Fixer - he has two "slots" for his gear, and they all play quite differently). The feet are currently 1 x 2 damage, 1 x 2 damage, 2 x 1 damage, nothing that exciting in the choice there.

I don't mind harsh. I wanted to try to get opinions and criticisms on this to figure out a good way to make it work. Thank you for the feedback.

I didnt realize (somehow?) before that i ended up making all of the weapons do basically the same thing. I guess I was thinking of situations like omnitron with his adaptive plating card. I was thinking this way Bayonetta would have something to counter this but really, Rodin might be enough by itself to cover this. I was kind of going for a cross between Mr. Fixer and Chrono Ranger with the multiple weapons and moving them to and from the players hand.

i will keep these suggestions in mind. Thank you for the feedback!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty Perry
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
First off I’m not sure why you have so many weapons. Mostly they do the same thing as her base power so you probably want to rethink Durga, Rodin, Odette and Onyx Rose.
Umbran armour on the other should have it’s HP dropped otherwise it’s a bit too powerful yes you’ll need that with Taunt but it’s still 15 extra HP with 3 other cards to bring it back, for choice you’ll almost always be wanting this card over any of the other weapons.
For similar playing look at Mr Fixer and how he works and the way his tools and styles are all different.

I was going with a theme kind of like a cross between Mr. Fixer (things moving from hand to play and back) and Chrono Ranger (A bunch of weapons).I will need to rethink the weapons. I guess when I was thinking of this, I was thinking it would be good to be able to do different elemental damages in case of something like Omnitron's Adaptive Plating. I think Rodin I might keep as being able to choose a damage type for this.

I will rethink the other weapons and give them some better powers, maybe not include so many weapons.

For the Umbran Armor, maybe those cards that bring things back should explicitly say that it cannot bring this specific card back. If damage is to be redirected to this card, I think something like 5 might be too low. Maybe 8 or something? I am also thinking Bayo has to deal herself damage to keep this card in play. Maybe change the redirect to a damage taken -1?

Quote:
Again too much HP on these guys, best to look at Unity for similar and I think the highest HP golem she has is 10 HP.
Also Apostate has cards that use the Demon keyword so if you put one of your demons into play you’d have to blow up all his demons too.
Wording on Scolopendra
Power: Scolopendra deals one target 2 Melee damage, a target dealt damage this way cannot deal damage until the start of your next turn.
As targets do not attack.
Also that extremely powerful, you can effectively shut down a villain’s damage output permanently at the cost of one power a turn. And for villain’s with no other targets in their deck that’s game over. Either have the card destroy itself or make it cost a lot more to keep it up.

Totally forgot about Apostate having demons in his deck. I will change the keyword.

For Scolopendra, I was thinking that since damage dealt to Bayonetta would be redirected to it, the 5 HP on it would be enough not make it last more than 2 turns. But now that I think about it, I could completely shut down the only attacking thing with it. I will change this card. Maybe damage dealt -1 instead.

Quote:
I’m not sure blowing up two equipment cards to pull one demon is ever going to be worth it, especially as for choice you’ll be wanting Umbran Armour up so you won’t have two equipment cards in play.

Makes total sense. I was trying to think of it as the demons being almost like a once per game kind of thing and making it pretty difficult to bring them back.

Quote:
Wording
When Bayonetta takes damage, prevent that damage then reduce damage dealt by that target by 2 until the start of your next turn.

Different to most reactive damage cards. I think reducing the damage by two might be a bit much but that’s something for playtesting to decide.

Regarding Witch time, I was having a really hard time deciding on whether it should be 1 or 2 it reduces by. I also figured that one would be based on playtesting.

Thank you so much for the feedback. I really appreciate it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Pro
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Two things occur to me about this!

1. Damage Types

You have a lot of cards that unlock different damage types, but otherwise just do 2 damage. Why not make a card that takes advantage of this?

Suggestion (new card):

Flurry of Aggression (Ongoing, Limited)
Increase damage Bayonetta deals of a type she hasn't dealt before by 1.

2. Foot and Hand cards.

The Foot weapons across the board seem a little weaker than Hand weapons, and there doesn't seem to be much incentive to take advantage of this mechanic. Maybe if Foot weapons allowed better damage chaining.

Suggestion (edit):

-Weapon, Feet, Equipment
-Power: Bayonetta deals 1 target 1 damage of a type of your choice. You may use a power on a Hands card.

Odette (x1) (Ice Skates)
-Weapon, Feet, Equipment
-Power: Bayonetta deals 1 target 2 cold damage. You may use a power on a Hands card.

-Weapon, Feet, Equipment
-Power: Bayonetta deals 2 targets 1 projectile damage each. You may use a power on a Hands card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty Perry
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
-Weapon, Feet, Equipment
-Power: Bayonetta deals 1 target 1 damage of a type of your choice. You may use a power on a Hands card.

Odette (x1) (Ice Skates)
-Weapon, Feet, Equipment
-Power: Bayonetta deals 1 target 2 cold damage. You may use a power on a Hands card.

-Weapon, Feet, Equipment
-Power: Bayonetta deals 2 targets 1 projectile damage each. You may use a power on a Hands card.

I really like the idea of chaining the attacks! It really fits the video game character as well.

Quote:
Flurry of Aggression (Ongoing, Limited)
Increase damage Bayonetta deals of a type she hasn't dealt before by 1.

I like this idea too. I wanted her to feel kind of "elemental" with all the different damage types. I think i might want to try this card out in my playtesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.