6 Posts

Kikkasai» Forums » Rules

Subject: Help translating the rules? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Calvin Brizzi
South Africa
flag msg tools
This looks like a cool game to try at home, assuming you can get together enough dice, but I was hoping someone could help translate the scoring.

The Japanese rules are here: http://gamemarket.jp/game/%e8%8f%8a%e8%8a%b1%e8%b3%bd/ Google translate helps somewhat but I'm not 100% sure what the scoring matrix means.

What I think it is saying is this:

Where a "justification" is what you are scoring with.

I'm not sure about the second column (it's translated as "Zoro eyes" by Google translate, so I'm not sure if you can only score with triple ones or if any triple is good, I think the latter) but basically the numbers in parenthesis are potential points for matching whatever the current "popular flower is".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zorome means matching dice (the number values); not necessarily 1s.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Brizzi
South Africa
flag msg tools
Awesome, thanks. I'm going to try put up an English translation of the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To over explain the scoring chart:

For either of the right two columns, you get one point for each die that matches the target die's color or value (you'll get either zero for not matching the condition, or the number in parenthesis is what you'll get if you do match (it's not 3 for each one in a (3) value, that's just what you'll end up getting, because, for example, if you have a flush and one matches the color, all 3 will match the color).

The number not in parenthesis is the base value for that winning hand.

The number in parenthesis is how many extra points it is worth if you match that condition with your dice.

So a straight flush where your winning die matches the target die's color is 4 points (1 plus 3 bonus for each color matching the color of the target). If one of your dice also matched the die number, it'd be worth 5 points.

The highest scoring hand would be 8 points; all matching values with the same colors, and matching the color and value of the target die.

Everyone's black points die each starts at 6. When you have a winning hand, lower your opponents die by your score. If it gets to zero or lower, they lose.

Side note: If using 2 sets to play a 3 or 4 player game, they don't exactly explain how scoring works (who loses the points). I'd make a guess that if you drew the winning die from the bag, everyone would lose the points your winning hand is worth. If you won through another player's discard, only the person you took it from would lose the points.

It's the closest I can think of to how 4 player mahjongg would work:

In mahjongg, if you draw the winning tiles yourself, everyone else pays you equally, so if you have a 9000 point winning hand, they'd each pay you 3000.

However, in mahjongg if you draw the winning tile from another player's discard, they'd pay you the full amount (the person discarding the tile would lose 9000, and you'd gain 9000)

Of course, in mahjongg, giving the winning tile to another can be devastating because you're paying 3 times as much as you'd have to compared to if e winner drew the tile themself.

....or, going by the lack of mention of special rules for 3-4 player for this game, you might assume that regardless of how you draw the winning die, all your opponents lose points equal to the value of the winning hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Brizzi
South Africa
flag msg tools
I'm not sure I fully understand Matt. I thought the rightmost two columns applied to all dice in your hand, not only the winning die. So for example, if the target die is a Yellow 2, and I have in my hand a white one and a yellow two, and I roll a red three, it was my understanding I'd get two points, both from my yellow two which I already have in my hand. Are you saying this is not the case?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops, I did make a mistake. The summary below the chart made it clearer. You get one bonus point for each die that matches the target die's color or number, which if you get it will come to the value shown in the two right columns (because if you get a flush and one matches, they will all match it).

Original long post edited to fix my error.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.