Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Skip Mathias
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The lingering effect of the Mythos Card A Warning... Of a Conspiracy reads, All tasks that require at least 1 investigation result require an additional investigation result.

We took this to mean that, for this day, that our Adventure The Security Office was now:

Task 1) [Investigation (2)][Investigation (1)]
Task 2) [Investigation (3)][Investigation (1)]
Task 3) [Investigation (6)][Investigation (1)]

And our Other World Adventure R'lyeh was now:

Task 1) [Investigation (1)][Investigation (1)][Investigation (1)]
Task 2) [Lore][Lore][Doom][Terror]

Is this correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See thread 1599666 for a long discussion on this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex F
Israel
Ashdod
Negev
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes,you got that right.

All tasks that have an Investigation requirement gain another 1 Investigation requirement.
That is, you need to allocate another die for the separate investigation result

Note that this is different from Shub-Niggurath's game effect where monsters gain another task that consists of a single terror result.

So, for instance a Ghoul in a game with Shub Niggurath will be modified
as follows:

2 Investigation
Terror

That is you'll need to roll at least twice in order to defeat it(unless you're playing with the Student, I suppose).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skip Mathias
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent. Thank you both!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
magmaxtic wrote:
Yes,you got that right.

All tasks that have an Investigation requirement gain another 1 Investigation requirement.
That is, you need to allocate another die for the separate investigation result

Given that there is no official word on this and the thread Stephan linked to had no firm conclusion, I think you should make it clear that's your opinion and not definitely correct. (It may well be correct, but without an official answer I'm not convinced.)

I do agree with you about Shub-Niggurath, though: I don't think there's any ambiguity there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
xipuloxx wrote:
I do agree with you about Shub-Niggurath, though: I don't think there's any ambiguity there.

We also got an official ruling on Shub a few months ago, so, that one at least is case closed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex F
Israel
Ashdod
Negev
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In truth, we've been playing this incorrectly all along. It's only this thread that alerted me to what I believe is the correct interpretation.
:D
So thanks to the OP for setting us straight.

We've simply been adding 1 to the value of each task with investigation results.
But it just can't be right.

The wording on the Mythos card is misleading, but it's not punishing enough if interpreted differently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
magmaxtic wrote:
The wording on the Mythos card is misleading, but it's not punishing enough if interpreted differently.

Not all Mythos cards are particularly punishing, so I wouldn't assume it's wrong because of that.

Besides, either interpretation can make a task that requires a lot of investigations very tough. To say nothing of an adventure that has multiple tasks that require investigations!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex F
Israel
Ashdod
Negev
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I see. The problem with the wording is that it says:
require an additional investigation result, as if to mean that it adds another requirement to the task.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
magmaxtic wrote:
require an additional investigation result, as if to mean that it adds another requirement to the task.

I've been continuing this in the other thread. No point in duplicating the discussion, I think!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
xipuloxx wrote:
magmaxtic wrote:

I've been continuing this in the other thread. No point in duplicating the discussion, I think!

Otherwise we need to spend at least 1 extra investigation result to follow the thread...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarlet Witch wrote:
xipuloxx wrote:
magmaxtic wrote:

Otherwise we need to spend at least 1 extra investigation result to follow the thread...

That is a Terror effect I'm sure...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
designer
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
Carcking wrote:
Scarlet Witch wrote:
xipuloxx wrote:
magmaxtic wrote:

That is a Terror effect I'm sure...

Only if we re-start with "can I place it on a spell to bypass my thread subscription?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex F
Israel
Ashdod
Negev
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, ye who possesseth the Lore, grant us thy wisdom. Liberate us from the clutches of semantic uncertainty!

Was that too dramatic?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
magmaxtic wrote:
Oh, ye who possesseth the Lore, grant us thy wisdom. Liberate us from the clutches of semantic uncertainty!

Was that too dramatic?

Just about right I'd say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.