Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Skip Mathias
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I know the answer to this, but...

Her ability Research reads: Once per turn, Mandy may re-roll 2 dice before determining if the active player was able to complete a task.

Does this mean that she can use this ability on any player's turn? And, if so, does this mean that the player playing Mandy should re-roll that player's two dice (you know... for luck)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The errata rule is actually this:

Quote:
Mandy Thompson’s ability should read: Once per day, after any player has rolled, Mandy may reroll 2 dice before determining if the active player was able to complete a task.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skip Mathias
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nyhotep wrote:
The errata rule is actually this:

Quote:
Mandy Thompson’s ability should read: Once per day, after any player has rolled, Mandy may reroll 2 dice before determining if the active player was able to complete a task.

So, only once between Midnight to Midnight? That does seem less broken.

Are there any other errata characters? I remember my wife and I thought the photographer character who could increase investigation per roll was pretty strong as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Carolyn and Vincent also got changed from "once per turn" to "once per day".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
androidodnetnin wrote:
So, only once between Midnight to Midnight?

Correct. At the end of the midnight phase (per page 15 of the rulebook), all "once per day" abilities refresh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wojciech Pająk
msg tools
mb
I have another problem with Mandy's ability.
Why does it read "before determining if the active player was able
to defeat a task"? Does it mean i can't check if any dice are useful? Then what's the point of the ability? If not, why isn't it just "you may reroll 2 dice"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
Arachnomorph wrote:
I have another problem with Mandy's ability.
Why does it read "before determining if the active player was able
to defeat a task"? Does it mean i can't check if any dice are useful? Then what's the point of the ability? If not, why isn't it just "you may reroll 2 dice"?

Yeah, sure you can. That wording is pretty horrible; they simply meant "immediately" after rolling (so, Mandy's ability is triggered before Terror kicks in in case you fail)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.