United States
carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Frodo is on the Mordor track.

When a tile with an eye symbol is pulled, the damage is the # of dice in the hunt box, right?

Is this capped in any manner?

i.e. if the shadow player chooses to put 4 dice in the hunt box and then happens to roll 3 more, does an eye symbol now do 7 damage?

I see that the # of dice the shadow player can place in the box intentionally is capped by the number of companions remaining, but it seems possible you could have a large number of dice in that box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
carlsbad wrote:
Frodo is on the Mordor track.

When a tile with an eye symbol is pulled, the damage is the # of dice in the hunt box, right?

Is this capped in any manner?

i.e. if the shadow player chooses to put 4 dice in the hunt box and then happens to roll 3 more, does an eye symbol now do 7 damage?

I see that the # of dice the shadow player can place in the box intentionally is capped by the number of companions remaining, but it seems possible you could have a large number of dice in that box.
No cap on damage done. As you note, the SP can only assign up to the number of remaining companions, so FP needs to decide how many companions they are taking into Mordor.

This also makes the "lidless eye" card very powerful in the late game. Note that the # of dice includes any fellowship dice added to the hunt box as a result of a character action to advance the fellowship on the Mordor track.

If there are 7 eye dice in the hunt box and 4 eye tiles in the pool, FP is almost definitely better off just taking the 1 damage for not moving. SP will have at most 3 action dice for the military game and FP can focus their efforts on delaying the inevitable there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thom Brennan
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And, to add insult to injury, the Free Peoples player can add one Eye dice to the dice count, if you are using the Lords of Middle Earth expansion. Each of the Keeper dice for Gandalf, Elrond and Galadriel has a Lidless Eye symbol on it. The rules state that if one of those dice rolls an Eye, you must use it and add it to the Hunt Box. (LoME rules, pg. 8)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sturm
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
All the more reason to get those special beneficial hunt tiles played and ready to drop into the pool before the Ringbearers reach Mordor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.