Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Oakley
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Invasion scenario, I noticed that some events have a lightning bolt icon. I assumed this meant that the event is actually resolved at the start of the round, but I did not see this mentioned in the rules. Moreover, there seems to be some inconsistency with the use of this icon (for example, the Donation event does not feature the lightning bolt, but the text clearly indicates that it is resolved at the start of the round it is revealed).

Is it correct to resolve the lightning bolt events immediately (as well as any other events that indicate to do so via text)? If a event does not have a lightning bolt or other indication, then is it correct to resolve the event at the end of the round it is revealed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cohn
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joakley815 wrote:
In the Invasion scenario, I noticed that some events have a lightning bolt icon. I assumed this meant that the event is actually resolved at the start of the round, but I did not see this mentioned in the rules.

It's covered on page 6 of the rulebook. White box, bottom of the page.

rulebook wrote:

Note: Event Tiles with a 'lightning bolt' symbol are extra mean. If you do not like that, sort those out before preparing the Event Stack. If you want a greater challenge, leave all Events in the game and instead sort out “Support” and “Training”.

~Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Oakley
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Steve! No wonder we had so much difficulty with the game -- not only did we encounter every extra mean event, but we also resolved them immediately upon revealing them!

Actually, I think the Famine event (which has a lightning bolt icon) was helpful to us since it is more difficult to remove followers from your pool in the cooperative scenario. Being able to selectively remove three followers seems like a good thing to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.