Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Skip Mathias
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I went through the instruction book a few times, but I didn't see much information about the Sawed Off.

The weapon reads, in the subtitle text, SPECIAL ! 1 ACTION TO RELOAD. FREE IN END PHASE.

1) What does "reload" mean?
2) If I dual wield it, do I have to spend TWO actions "reload" both?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Raps
Netherlands
Vlijmen
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) It means you cannot fire the gun in two subsequent actions. It requires an action to reload. After all Survivors (and Zombies) have taken their turn, it will be automatically reloaded on the Survivor's next turn (hence "free in end phase"). This means it will still require reloading if you trade it with another survivor during the Players' Phase!
2) You can dual reload with one action.

The exact rules are in a text box marked "Reload!" on page 17 of the manual:

Zombicide wrote:
While most weapons can be used repeatedly, a few, like the Sawed-off, require spending an Action to re-load them between shots if you want to fire multiple times in the same turn. At the End Phase of the turn, all such weapons are freely reloaded, so that they always start the turn ready to fire. If such a weapon is fired and passed to another Survivor without reloading, it must still be reloaded before the new owner can use it in the same turn. When equipped with two identical Dual weapons that require reloading, a single Action reloads both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skip Mathias
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for the information.

I got my game second hand, so I don't know if the Rulebooks are different from version to version. My Page 17 is the Scenario #00 - Tutorial page. I looked through my Rulebook again and still couldn't find it.

However, your information will make the playing of the weapon much easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Raps
Netherlands
Vlijmen
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, interesting. You must have an older version then. In that case, you might also have a misprinted version of Mission 2.

Thankfully, you can download the latest version of the Rulebook from Zombicide.com. It's the version I referred to in my last post.

You can find it HERE (10MB .pdf).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skip Mathias
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rapseflaps wrote:
Hmm, interesting. You must have an older version then. In that case, you might also have a misprinted version of Mission 2.

Thankfully, you can download the latest version of the Rulebook from Zombicide.com. It's the version I referred to in my last post.

You can find it HERE (10MB .pdf).

Oh wow. Yeah, this is a different Rulebook. This Page 17 also has a section of IMPROVED WEAPONRY: SNIPER RIFLE AND MOLOTOV. In my Rulebook, that is in one of the "Note" boxes on Page 12.

I'll be printing this Rulebook later on today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Arnold
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would actually suggest you get the rulebook for Season 2 instead. IMHO, it's a better rulebook and has more examples. Still the same game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or, better yet, the Season 3 Rue Morgue rulebook. It's even better, and more complete yet again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skip Mathias
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jdarnold wrote:
I would actually suggest you get the rulebook for Season 2 instead. IMHO, it's a better rulebook and has more examples. Still the same game.
GrauGeist wrote:
Or, better yet, the Season 3 Rue Morgue rulebook. It's even better, and more complete yet again!

Maybe when I have the money. I blew most of my budget for gaming at a Game Swap & Sell where (among MANY other games) I got the Season 1 for $40 and the guy I bought it from threw in an extra two characters.

So, somewhere down the line, I'll get the other two seasons and, perhaps, some of the other expansions. For now, I'll learn how to play Season 1 better.

Or, are you suggesting just the actual rulebook? If so, where could I grab those?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Raps
Netherlands
Vlijmen
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebooks are available on Zombicide.com.

You can find all of them HERE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You should be able to buy the printed & bound Rue Morgue rulebook for under $10 on eBay, maybe less. Not sure if it'd be cheaper to have someone print the PDF locally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skip Mathias
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a friend who is willing to print it off. I'll do the PDF for now until I actually get the other seasons of the game. Thank you guys so much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.