Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Günter Immeyer
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

just looking for some feedback/opinions on this special case, as the rules don't specifically clarify it:

What happens at the end of a round, if there is a column with a 1VP goal card and the only card in that column is a Doppelgänger?

Does the owner of the Doppelgänger win that 1VP card or does the goal card get returned to the box (= it is not assigned to any player)?

I know that a single Invisibility Cloak card (with a value of 0) would score the column, but the problem with the sole Doppelgänger is that it has no value at all (not even zero!), since there is no card below it with a value that it could copy!

We had this case in one of our games yesterday and decided to assign the goal card to the Doppelgänger player in the end (mainly reasoning that (a) all goal cards had to be distributed to one player or the other and (b) no other player had contributed a card to the column in question), but some players still thought this wasn't quite right/fair...

So how do yo (or in case it hasn't occurred in one of your games yet: would you) handle this situation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmbmbmb
I would treat it the same way tie breakers are dealt with: closest card to the objective card wins.

The doppelgänger being the only card in the column makes it the closest card to the objective card, so even not having a value, it has still got a presence. That player receives the objective card and places the Doppelgänger into their discrad pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.