Tail Feathers» Forums » Rules

Subject: German rules inconsistensies rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Corvin the Raven
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm currently working on a commented version for the german pdf rulebook for a friend, because we found some translation errors, inconsistent rules and even a missing passage in the printed german rulebook.

Hopefully, Jerry is reading this and could clarify some of the point and /or incorporate them in an official german errata or revised rulebook.
I'm reffering to the page numbers in the german rulebook.

Page 6 / Ranks (Rang)

The ranks are described in the rulebook as
Quote:
1 = Anfänger, 2 = Standard, 3 = Ass.

while in the szenario book it reads "Rekrut" instead of "Anfänger". In english both are "rookie".

Page 10 / Melee Attacks (Nahkampf)

This passage is missing completely:
Quote:
A flying figure may make a melee attack against a flying figure that it is in close range of.

And here's my translation:
Quote:
Eine fliegende Figur darf einen Nahkampfangriff gegen eine fliegende Figur durchführen wenn sie sich in kurzer Reichweite befindet.

Page 12 / Rescue (Retten)

This one is possibly gamebreaking.
The english rules read:
Quote:
Rescue: If you played a rescue mission, and there are at least 2 figures currently in your mission box, move a bird/pilot figure from your casualty pile to your home nest. Add a number of wounds to the bird’s unit card equal to its pilot’s bonus life value (it comes back into play partially wounded). After resolving the mission, move all figures in your mission box to your home nest.

While the german rules read:
Quote:
Retten: Hast du eine Rettungsmission gespielt, während sich mindestens 2 Figuren auf deinem Missionsfeld befinden, setze eine Vogel-/ Pilotenfigur von deinem Opferstapel zurück ins Heimatnest. Die Lebenspunkte entsprechen den Bonuslebenspunkten des Piloten (sie kommt also verwundet zurück ins Spiel). Nach der Durchführung dieser Mission versetzt du die übrigen Figuren in dein Heimatnest.

Which would mean if I have a bird with 4 Lifepoints and a pilot with 1, they would start the game with 5 Lifepoints and would return after beeing rescued with either 4 (5-1) LP (english rules) or 1 (Bonus-Lifepoints of the pilot) LP (german rules) Which one ist correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin T.
Germany
Ravensburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im not sure if Jerrys German is good enough to help you out on this. Heidelberger should be adressed. I give you my two cents on it as I own the game in English, but downloaded and read the German rules as well.

First of all: There is no question which one is right. English version is always correct and German wrong.

Corvin0 wrote:

Page 10 / Melee Attacks (Nahkampf)

This passage is missing completely:
Quote:
A flying figure may make a melee attack against a flying figure that it is in close range of.

And here's my translation:
Quote:
Eine fliegende Figur darf einen Nahkampfangriff gegen eine fliegende Figur durchführen wenn sie sich in kurzer Reichweite befindet.

Indeed the German rule-book is not clear on that. It refers only to ground troops. But the example ("Beispiel 1") on the left explains that birds can melee attack in short range. Same in the glossary under range ("Reichweite").

Corvin0 wrote:

Page 12 / Rescue (Retten)

This one is possibly gamebreaking.
The english rules read:
Quote:
Rescue: If you played a rescue mission, and there are at least 2 figures currently in your mission box, move a bird/pilot figure from your casualty pile to your home nest. Add a number of wounds to the bird’s unit card equal to its pilot’s bonus life value (it comes back into play partially wounded). After resolving the mission, move all figures in your mission box to your home nest.

While the german rules read:
Quote:
Retten: Hast du eine Rettungsmission gespielt, während sich mindestens 2 Figuren auf deinem Missionsfeld befinden, setze eine Vogel-/ Pilotenfigur von deinem Opferstapel zurück ins Heimatnest. Die Lebenspunkte entsprechen den Bonuslebenspunkten des Piloten (sie kommt also verwundet zurück ins Spiel). Nach der Durchführung dieser Mission versetzt du die übrigen Figuren in dein Heimatnest.

Which would mean if I have a bird with 4 Lifepoints and a pilot with 1, they would start the game with 5 Lifepoints and would return after beeing rescued with either 4 (5-1) LP (english rules) or 1 (Bonus-Lifepoints of the pilot) LP (german rules) Which one ist correct?

Ouch that hurts... That would mean a bird with a rookie pilot with zero bonus life would come back... dead...? Obviously wrong.

If you look on the last page of the German rules ("Ablauf der Missionen") the rescue mission is explained correctly.

If anyone else has trouble with the German rule book, you find the English one here:

https://www.plaidhatgames.com/images/games/tail-feathers/rul...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corvin the Raven
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cybertrigger wrote:
Im not sure if Jerrys German is good enough to help you out on this. Heidelberger should be adressed.

Good point, I haven't thought about that Contacting Heidelberger is a good call, I think I'll forward this thread to them, maybe they want to use it for an errata or revised rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corvin the Raven
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heidelberger/Asmodee replied

Quote:
Hallo,

vielen Dank für das Sammeln der Fehler und den Hinweis auf den Thread bei BBG!

Da habe ich es ja jetzt ganz einfach eine Errata zu erstellen. ;-)

Falls weitere Fehler/Unklarheiten auffallen sollten, gerne direkt an mich wenden, dann kann ich das dementsprechend mit aufnehmen.

Sobald ich auf meinem Schreibtisch ein bisschen Luft sehe, erstelle ich die Errata und lade sie auf unserer Produktseite von Schwungfedern hoch.

Viel Spaß beim Spielen!

Short translation: They thank us for collecting the errors and will create an official errata.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.