Popular Tags: [View All]
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mb
Beginner's question: On chart B-3 "Attacking Fighter Waves" note d) says:
Quote:
Only the Top Turret or Radio Room guns may fire at this fighter (both must roll a 6 to hit), and this fighter may not be driven off by fighter cover.

To my non-native speaker ear, "both must roll" sounds ambiguous and could mean either

1. I have to fire the top turret AND radio room guns. Only if I fire both, and the roll is a 6 for each of them, it counts as a hit.

or

2. Any one of these guns scores a hit if I roll a 6. "both" doesn't mean that I have to fire both, it just means that the "must roll a 6 to hit" requirement applies to both guns.

Which interpretation is correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Fortner
United States
Fuquay-Varina
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Because it states "Top Turret or Radio Room guns" earlier in the sentence, #2 is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mb
Aaargh. Must pay more attention to the 2- and 3-letter-words!

Thanks. That explains why I was so certain initially that one of them would work. Not sure how I got confused later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
We few,we happy few,we band of brothers;For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother: be he ne’er so vile;And gentlemen in England now-abed Shall think themself accurs’d they were no here That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget, Ace Gunner benefit still applies , that's a good +1

And

It also applies to the Tail Gunner Passing Shots
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mb
Let's see if my crew ever live long enough to get to ace status!
(It was only my third mission ever and I've already lost 4 out of 10. Ace or not, the radio operator scored a lucky hit this time, though.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.